If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
Liberty22 wrote: July 6th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: July 5th, 2019, 11:09 pm
Liberty22 wrote: July 5th, 2019, 10:23 pm Is there a way to open a thread straight to the last page like before? It defaults to page 1 and I’ve got to scroll down to bottom to select the last page. Just curious!
Clicking on the green check should send you to the first unread post.
:dontgetit I’m probably dumb but I don’t see any green checks
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
In the not so distance future I will be disabling the alternate themes. I know that this will cause some heartache to a few of you all but let me take a minute to explain.

With multiple themes it makes it extremely difficult to enable features. What works on one theme often doesn't work with all of them and if it works it causes a ton of issues within the database. I have had to cleanup the database quite a bit the last couple of weeks due to these issues. So instead of testing new features and making this place better for everybody, the time I spend administrating the board is wasted on troubleshooting different issues with these themes that less than 5% of the board uses.

I typically use 2 or 3 hours Friday night to complete weekly maintenance and will remove those themes during those times.

Feel free to shoot me a Private Message or email (jgray.asor@gmail.com) with questions and concerns.

This change will free up time admin time to really begin to implement features along with continuing to improve functionality.

Thank you for being a part of the forums!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately, that will be going away as well. There are things about both alternatives that I enjoy but ultimately it will be much simpler moving forward to improve things with only one theme.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Geez. Give someone a little power....typical Big Brother mentality. When will we have our 2 Minute Hate sessions? Is Oceana our friend this week?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A couple of quick admin notes:

1. I have tweeked the mention function a bit and it is much faster and very similar to all the other sites that use the function. It will notify someone when you mention them.
2. I have enabled a function in which you can like/dislike a post. Similar to how how Reddit uses up-voting and down-voting. I hope that this will encourage quality content.
3. All of the secondary themes are now gone. I know this will disappoint those who love those themes but it was making these Friday nights I spend cleaning things up much more tedious and I haven't been able to spend time improving things, just time cleaning up database issues.

I will continue to work on making the layout much more mobile responsive but it is light years ahead of where it once was.

As always, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for making this such a fun place for flame fans to come and talk about all things Liberty, and everything in between.

@Class of 20Something will be the happiest about these changes but I have a feeling @Purple Haize will be the first to complain. haha.

Happy Friday and Go Flames!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With the latest upgrades, my formatting changed, and I can no longer figure out how to see my UNREAD posts. Please advise.
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote: August 30th, 2019, 10:01 pm With the latest upgrades, my formatting changed, and I can no longer figure out how to see my UNREAD posts. Please advise.
Hamburger menu. The one that Is three horizontal lines.

Select "Forum"

Select "Unread Posts"
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
20something, that's how I used to do it, but with the new formatting my hamburger menu went away. But I did discover "Unread Posts" under Forums.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Postman, I think my formatting changed with the new upagrade today. How can I change it back? Wasn't it a few steps in my Control Panel?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How do I put this nicely.....
I absolutely appreciate the hard work that’s gone into this message board
You’re a tremendous human being and an asset to the Human Race
You’re a strong and powerful man
This new format sucks
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 30th, 2019, 10:36 pm Postman, I think my formatting changed with the new upagrade today. How can I change it back? Wasn't it a few steps in my Control Panel?
The hamburger menu in the top right corner has all of that info. The alternative themes were removed and will be gone until further notice.
Purple Haize wrote:How do I put this nicely.....
This new format sucks
I appreciate your perspective....also, called it :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With all due respect, if this is our standard format that cannot be changed, I'm really glad that I didn't fork over the $84 for Club membership. This new format is so hard to read now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 31st, 2019, 9:54 am The default theme is perfectly fine and light years better than most forums. You’ll all get used to it.
So much for The Customer is Always Right

Look I get it. But “fine” sucks. People like to view data differently so you are gonna have complaints when you take choice away.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:45 am
Cider Jim wrote: August 30th, 2019, 10:36 pm Postman, I think my formatting changed with the new upagrade today. How can I change it back? Wasn't it a few steps in my Control Panel?
The hamburger menu in the top right corner has all of that info. The alternative themes were removed and will be gone until further notice.
Purple Haize wrote:How do I put this nicely.....
This new format sucks
I appreciate your perspective....also, called it :D
Also Called- Big Government Employee telling us what is best because they know better. After all “we’re from the Government and we are here to help” :D :D
Don’t lose sight of the fact that I do totally appreciate all the work you’ve done on the site. Even if it was on the Tax Payers dime :wink:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I love you guys. This place is filled with passionate people. If more people were using the other styles it would've justified the time I spent on Friday nights on the issues they caused. This will free up more of that time to make the style, that 97% of our 1700 members use, better.

PS...I'm rarely at work on Friday nights but technically I'm always on duty. So there is that.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I too appreciate your work on the forum. Most of us have no idea of the amount of time you spend on making this work for us. My only complaint of the current format is when I'm viewing the list of unread posts I have to select the little asterisk to view but the first unread post in a topic instead of the larger icon to the left. That's not always easy for us older guys on our phones. Not a big deal but thought I'd bring it up. Thanks again.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 31st, 2019, 11:48 am I love you guys. This place is filled with passionate people. If more people were using the other styles it would've justified the time I spent on Friday nights on the issues they caused. This will free up more of that time to make the style, that 97% of our 1700 members use, better.

PS...I'm rarely at work on Friday nights but technically I'm always on duty. So there is that.
Don’t Like losing my theme, but if it minimizes the amount of work you do(&that few pay for), I’m all for it. We will all learn how to manage!
Thank you!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 31st, 2019, 11:48 am I love you guys. This place is filled with passionate people. If more people were using the other styles it would've justified the time I spent on Friday nights on the issues they caused. This will free up more of that time to make the style, that 97% of our 1700 members use, better.

So you’re saying this is only a temporary style? I mean it sucks but I can deal with it temporarily
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Something i forgot to mention. You are now able to upload images.

When you click reply you will see an upload attachments button under options. Click on that at add your file. You can only add 3 photos to a single post but it's something.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]