If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
I also think it's unfair to compare what ASOR is trying to do with something like ESPN+ or Hulu. When you have these massive enterprise scale companies, they can afford to charge you less because of the sheer bulk of users they're bringing in.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I harbor zero negativity towards what you and Jon have done BYD, and frankly I agree that there are some around here that don't deserve the amount of work he has put in. My point was to simply state that it isn't as big a financial outlay as some might think if you break it down
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Haha over here is Richmond, and my household. And you absolutely know who you are. PH knows that wasn’t directed at him. His support is appreciated, as is everyone’s. If you can’t swing a membership I can say for 100% certainty that there are no hard feelings. That’s why your access won’t be changing. I just found some of the negativity to be frustrating bc I know the effort Jon puts in.
Honestly, compared to the reaction a lot of sites get when they do something like this, the reaction seems mildly tame. Unless people are quietly sending angry direct messages, LOL.

I think most folks here understand that this site isn't a revenue generator for those who run it and its existence is appreciated. I wish you guys nothing but the best. I would have contributed to the legal fund if you guys fought LU on the name change, LOL. #flamefansforever
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I’ll contribute if you change the name back to FlameFans. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: June 28th, 2019, 3:34 pm I’ll contribute if you change the name back to FlameFans. :lol:
I snap
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Will you be giving us updates on how many have signed up?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I signed up
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 1st, 2019, 8:00 am I signed up
First you joined the Flames Club and now this? What's next? Are you actually going to get off your couch or recliner and attend some games in person??? :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 1st, 2019, 8:18 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 1st, 2019, 8:00 am I signed up
First you joined the Flames Club and now this? What's next? Are you actually going to get off your couch or recliner and attend some games in person??? :wink:
Well I saw “club” and thought they meant it was a type of sandwich
What can I say I’m super happy with the futbol hire
You will see me at the Syracuse game
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Just look at it as supporting a site fee. It takes time to put together and I don't mind helping.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 9:05 am Cider, Purple should come to some softball games next season and sit with "Ole Men's Club". I am sure he could get "coached up".
I have an actual job. One I didnt get because of my last name
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys, thank you all for your kind words over the past week or so (and even the not so kind words :D ). No, seriously I really appreciate everyone's feedback, it helps a ton, whether positive or negative.

Thanks BYD for your thoughts, they are very much appreciated.

And postman, this place is looking great! Thanks for all your hard work and your passion for this message board.

For those who have signed up already, thank you so much! We will work extremely hard to ensure we earn your business and you get your money's worth.

If you are still on the fence, please consider it. If you don't think the money is worth it, I completely understand and respect your opinion. We are still thrilled to have you on the site and utilizing all the free content and the message board.

But, if you love this site and appreciate the value it brings to your life and following LU, please consider joining the Club. Everything we have done over the past 7 years has basically been on a non-existent budget. Imagine what we will be able to do with an actual budget!

As was announced this morning, those of you who signed up today will get an 8" by 12" architectural drawing of Williams Stadium. This thing is awesome, wish I had a digital image to show you, but you will love it! It's still available for those who sign up tonight and in the coming days for as long as supplies last.

I've worked very hard over the past 6-8 weeks to beef up our content. We will begin releasing Tuesday AM with our very first Club article where we went in-depth with head coach Hugh Freeze (who took time off his vacation to speak with me) and get his thoughts and expectations on the 2019 season.

This is just the first in a series of stories that will be releasing over the next several weeks - Club and free.

We also plan on beefing up our Hockey coverage considerably this season, for all of you hockey lovers. The plan is for this to be all free as well.

Much more to come, can't wait to see where this thing is headed! Any questions, comments, feedback you know how to reach me.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I just joined the club. My family just went through a move over the last month and we needed to get settled. I intended to sign up on day one, but life got in the way. I’m interested in the additional ASOR coverage, but primarily want to support the great work that Jon is doing.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: July 14th, 2019, 1:42 pm My family just went through a move over the last month and we needed to get settled.
In town/state, or something bigger?
SumItUp wrote: July 14th, 2019, 1:42 pmI’m interested in the additional ASOR coverage, but primarily want to support the great work that Jon is doing.
+1
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know we have only had a few weeks of ASOR club, but I for one see the value of having it. The quality and quantity of stuff being put out for us to enjoy is well worth the money. If Manson is giving us this kind of good stuff during summer time then imagine what will happen when we are into the season completely!

Keep it up Manson!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 10:26 am
SumItUp wrote: July 14th, 2019, 1:42 pm My family just went through a move over the last month and we needed to get settled.
In town/state, or something bigger?
I’m likely the first ASOR club member living in Central America. ¡Pura vida!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]