If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Should ASOR Forums add a Club Sports sub-forum?

Yes
57%
No
43%
Other: Please explain
No votes
0%
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Should we add a Club Sports sub-forum? Respond to the poll below and let me know why or why not.

There seems to be a decent niche following on campus for a lot of the club sports but I am not sure if we should create a new sub-forum for that or just leave it for the General Sports sub-forum.
By cruzan_flame13
We have a few club programs that have been very successful or is gaining success in their own way. As we know Hockey have been a very big deal on campus and men’s lacrosse is maintaining a successful status on campus plus nationally. I think these sports Omar’s important to talk about and stay updated with just like some of our NCAA sports. In all honesty, some of these programs could play at the NCAA D1 level but of course that will take time.
By Jonathan Carone
Keep them under general. In fact, I think you could combine soccer, volleyball, hockey, track, and club sports into general sports and declutter the board a lot. They don't get enough traction to justify their own boards.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Have an Other Sports Thread for actual Varsity Sports that don’t get a lot of traction and a Club Sports Thread for, you know, Club Sports
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Yeah I’d be good with a club sports sub if we condensed the other Olympic sports into general.
I just think they are two separate things. So put the lower tier Varsity Sports in terms of interest in one group and all Club Sports in another
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I agree. Varsity Sports and Club Sports sun-forums. Keep men’s basketball and football (and maybe women’s basketball, baseball and softball) the way they are. Softball really only has a couple regular posters. Same with baseball and women’s hoops.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We decided to clean up the home page a little bit. We have an "Other LU Sports" and a"Club Sports" Sub-Forum now and we moved the Hockey sub-forum into Club Sports. Most of the sub-forums we moved into Other LU Sports had 2 or 3 threads with replies, at most, per year so it didn't make much sense to clutter up the home page. We will see how it goes and reevaluate later. I know some old timers, like myself, may be resistant so some of the sub-forums going away but I think in the long-term it'll be for the best.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]