If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
I know some of you are interested in how much traffic we get, so I thought a new topic where we can discuss it would be good.

As you can expect, this week's traffic has been really good. Yesterday (Tuesday) was one of our best days we've had since I started tracking it. Monday was really good too considering the traffic spike didn't start until late afternoon.

Yesterday, 63% of all unique visitors were new. Pageviews exceeded 20k.
By cruzan_flame13
Awesome! Hopefully this will become a trend with more alumni, current students, their families and others outside the LU bubble!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is the only site where I am cool with the ads becuase I know how much it helps cover costs around this place. I speak from experience.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Sly Fox wrote:This is the only site where I am cool with the ads becuase I know how much it helps cover costs around this place. I speak from experience.
Yeah, trust me, we're only paying for our costs at this point.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:This is the only site where I am cool with the ads becuase I know how much it helps cover costs around this place. I speak from experience.
Yeah, trust me, we're only paying for our costs at this point.
Any way to make an "end of the year donation?" lol
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
You guys thought about moving over to SB Nation now that LU is FBS? I don't have a clue what that process looks like but figure it could help move ASOR to the next level exposure and traffic wise.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was apparoached by both Rivals and Scout back in the day. I just couldn't justify the submission of control in exchange for saving a few bucks. The dynamics may have changed these days but that was experience in the Dark Ages.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Truth be known, now that we are FBS, we should get on Rivals, (with the big boys).

Now granted, I know nothing about procedure, cost, etc of joining rivals.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I kind of enjoy the independence of ASOR and the Flamefans message board but I also get the appeal of getting out there in front of the wider audience which is what would happen.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
We have had conversations with SB Nation, but it just wouldn't work out for various reasons. One of the big reasons is they don't support message boards, so the site would have to have a divorce.

And we have no plans to go to Rivals or 247.

We can accomplish everything we need to, and even more, by staying independent, just like the football team. :wink:
By Class of 20Something
jcmanson wrote:We have had conversations with SB Nation, but it just wouldn't work out for various reasons. One of the big reasons is they don't support message boards, so the site would have to have a divorce.

We can accomplish everything we need to, and even more, by staying independent, just like the football team. :wink:
Just get us some new bbcodes for tweets! I like it here.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:We have had conversations with SB Nation, but it just wouldn't work out for various reasons. One of the big reasons is they don't support message boards, so the site would have to have a divorce.

I am happy to hear that. I think the place has slowly grown but I don't see the numbers you guys do but from an outsiders perspective it seems to make more sense to remain independent.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:

We can accomplish everything we need to, and even more, by staying independent, just like the LU football and Quiz Bowl teams. :wink:
FIFY :fbplayer Study
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
RIP flamefans.com

That's how I was still getting here until a few days ago.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:RIP flamefans.com

That's how I was still getting here until a few days ago.
Yeah. I noticed that too. Collusion!!!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:booooo

I will always know this message board as flamefans

Sorry ASOR...
It will always be FlameFans in my mind and in my bookmarks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:After all, I never agreed to the change! :)
I was the first one to predict it
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't sure where to mention this but I was trying to access the forums and it redirected me to flamefans.com and it turns out that domain has expired. Anyone from ASOR thinking of rectifying that?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I wasn't sure where to mention this but I was trying to access the forums and it redirected me to flamefans.com and it turns out that domain has expired. Anyone from ASOR thinking of rectifying that?
Where did this redirect come from?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]