If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Old Red
I've been on the forum for a while, but just realized I'd never posted here. Oops.
I was on campus from fall '03 - Spring '07. I wasn't able to graduate in 4 years because I switched my major kinda late. I was eventually able to wrap it up online.
My wife and I both grew up about an hour from campus, so the Lynchburg area has always basically felt like home. Since college, we've lived a couple of different places in VA, and FL as well (student ministry). We came back to Lynchburg in spring of '14 when I got a job with LU. I've moved on to a para-church organization since then, but still live in the area. Season ticket holder for Football & Basketball, but go to quite a few Hockey & Baseball games as well. Hoping to get to travel with the teams a bit more in the years ahead. Already got plans to be at Ole Miss in 2021. Anyone else planning to go? :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We really need to get ballcoach to the UVa game. Study :football
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He didn't mention it in his reply, but I suspect he has some interest in that 2021 game in Oxford.

PS - Welcome to the board!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Welcome Old Red! Where did you live on campus? I was mostly on East during the years you listed
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Old Red wrote:I've been on the forum for a while, but just realized I'd never posted here. Oops.
I was on campus from fall '03 - Spring '07. I wasn't able to graduate in 4 years because I switched my major kinda late. I was eventually able to wrap it up online.
My wife and I both grew up about an hour from campus, so the Lynchburg area has always basically felt like home. Since college, we've lived a couple of different places in VA, and FL as well (student ministry). We came back to Lynchburg in spring of '14 when I got a job with LU. I've moved on to a para-church organization since then, but still live in the area. Season ticket holder for Football & Basketball, but go to quite a few Hockey & Baseball games as well. Hoping to get to travel with the teams a bit more in the years ahead. Already got plans to be at Ole Miss in 2021. Anyone else planning to go? :)
Welcome! I was on campus from 03-06. Mainly in 5-1 on the circle.
By Old Red
I was on 22-1 for my first couple of years. The next couple of years I was off campus with some of the good friends I made on the hall. Glad I spent some time in the dorms, & really liked being on the hill. Still, I was ready for the apartment once all the pieces fell into place.
I'm honestly kinda surprised the hill dorms are still there. New stuff is all around them. Probably just a matter of time.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]