If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Flames Nation News wrote:JK, click the Forum tab at the very top of the page, and then click on view unread posts.
That sucks. Bring back the old way! I don't want to see ALL unread posts. I want to be taken to the FIRST unread post in the CURRENT thread!
It has it. It's the small astrex to the left of a thread with new posts. On mobile devices it's kind of a challenge at times to click but I've already gotten use to it.
By Jonathan Carone
Unfortunately with some of these, there's going to be a tradeoff in how we used to do things vs the new layout being completely responsive and mobile friendly.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. It isnt even a huge deal. It still has it I can use it and overall the mobile functionality is far superior which I enjoy. Especially since it is my primary device I use to view flamefans.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
So, do we call you J now, JC, or Carone... either way, the site looks great and thanks for the work you all have done on this. I am using Firefox, because I can't get the sub-forums to show up on Chrome. Maybe it is this crappy computer that my school gave me- I don't know.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
CaroneDesigns wrote:
alabama24 wrote:I really do like the new look, but I'll stick with the old alternate one until the old functionality is added.
What functionality do you consider to be the "old functionality"?
To go to the first unread post in a thread.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
Flames Nation News wrote:JK, click the Forum tab at the very top of the page, and then click on view unread posts.
That sucks. Bring back the old way! I don't want to see ALL unread posts. I want to be taken to the FIRST unread post in the CURRENT thread!
It has it. It's the small astrex to the left of a thread with new posts. On mobile devices it's kind of a challenge at times to click but I've already gotten use to it.
Got it. The tricky thing is that the pop up bubble makes you think that you are supposed to click it... But you're not. Rather, you are to click the same icon a second time.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The menu line with "board index" is 2/3 covered when in portrait (normal) orientation on mobile safari (iPad Air 2). It is fully visible and usable only in landscape.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if this could be added/changed...

On another forum I frequent, you can easily select text from another's post and "quote" it (rather than quoting another's ENTIRE post). It makes conversations much easier.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Is there a way to make the new format compatible with chrome or internet explorer? It took me awhile to figure out with the smart phone but figured it out. Looks good though
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
What do you find not working? When I read your post, I checked out Chrome on iOS (iPhone). Seems fine.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I use mostly chrome at work on a desktop, so I would have to check it Friday when I go in and see if it updated. When I was on today the format didn't seem right. It would show two avatars for the users and everything seemed out of place. I will try to figure it out tomorrow and let y'all know if not. Rogers mentioned it as well so I was wondering I anyone else had the same issues. Again thanks for taking the time to improve the site fellas.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:The new design of the page in Safari on iPhone 6 Plus is a mess. Makes the site unreadable.
I was having the same issues- I'm not a tech person at all but here is how I figured it out with both our smart phones: go to the view where your able to choose from multiple websites tabs that are currently open. On the bottom of that page on the left hand side, click on the private option. After that everything worked fine.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:The new design of the page in Safari on iPhone 6 Plus is a mess. Makes the site unreadable.
I was having the same issues- I'm not a tech person at all but here is how I figured it out with both our smart phones: go to the view where your able to choose from multiple websites tabs that are currently open. On the bottom of that page on the left hand side, click on the private option. After that everything worked fine.
Same for me. Works in private mode only.

With my desktop, I couldn't get it to work at all.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
My understanding is that is a cache problem. It should correct itself in time or you can clear your cache. Jon can correct me if I'm wrong.
By Jonathan Carone
alabama24 wrote:The menu line with "board index" is 2/3 covered when in portrait (normal) orientation on mobile safari (iPad Air 2). It is fully visible and usable only in landscape.
Great catch. I know why it's happening, just need to figure out how to fix it.
By Jonathan Carone
Correct. If you clear your cache, it should clear out the old design and leave only the new one. Let me know if that doesn't work.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
That works! Layout is awesome. :clapping :clapping :clapping
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Be sure to thank Jon. He's done a terrific job and done it where we didn't have to do a fund drive. If we used anyone else, it would have cost so much we would have had to raise money.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Love it. it almost makes me want to roll the windows down, drive to campus and sing a certain reel big fish song unnecessarily loud. (disclaimer: only SJ er... CaroneDesigns will understand)
By Jonathan Carone
flamesfilmguy wrote:Love it. it almost makes me want to roll the windows down, drive to campus and sing a certain reel big fish song unnecessarily loud. (disclaimer: only SJ er... CaroneDesigns will understand)
Thanks Beej.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Jon.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Good to have you back big guy and nicely done on the redesign
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball