If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OK, we have given up our resistance to adding another social media platform. Tsu looks like it finally has some traction and so I have added a FlameFans profile:

http://www.tsu.co/flamefans

I'm not sure what content will be posted there. But if you are on Tsu, we'd appreciate a follow or friend request.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I know I'm getting older, but this is the first time I've ever heard of Tsu. Is this something a lot of people are using? I'm a high school teacher so I usually hear about the new social media stuff when it pops up. This one hasn't been mentioned.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I just signed up and linked it to my Twitter and Instagram accounts which have about 1,500 combined followers. I can't link it to my Facebook account because Facebook has blocked with the message: "This URL Is Blocked: The URL "https://www.tsu.co/auth/facebook/callback" has been blocked from Facebook." Not a good sign.

Tsu has a "Find Friends" feature which is supposed to "find people you are already connected to on other social networks." The result: "No users found." I don't think this is a thing that is gaining much traction. Lots of people are saying this is a MLM scheme and a scam. I'm deleting my account.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I've heard of TnA. Does that count?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Early adopters have really been getting behind Tsu over the course of the past six months after it launched a year ago. The past couple of weeks it has begun to generate a great deal of buzz. The reason why you can no longer link with Facebook is that Zuckerberg considers the app to be a legitimate threat to Facebook's business model. The reason given for the fact that you cannot link anything on FB from Tsu is that there was some sort of API breach of contract. Pure bunk. It is because if enough folks recognize that business model of Tsu that it will pull traffic and adverstising away from the Facebook cash cow. The business model of Tsu gives 90% of advertising revenue back to the users who generate the most traffic instead of zero compensation to content producers on Facebook. Zuckerberg makes money off you sharing things and generating traffic. In the Tsu model you can get a piece of the action much like YouTube has done with their top content producers.

Actually HS kids tend to be some of the last adopters of most major social media. With the exception of Snapchat, they have been some of the last groups to adopt most major social media platforms over the course of the last 5 years. It took HS kids 6-7 years before they bought into Twitter and about two years on Instagram.

I'm just getting an account up to get a presence on the platform. Frankly I think it could be another year before it gets real inertia if it ever happens. But I haven't seen this much enthusiasm since the early days of Instagram. Then again, I was one of Gowalla's biggest fans and then went bust several years ago.

If you are curious, PM me your email address and I will send you out an invitation. They don't have open enrollment right now.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
You don't need an invite, at least I didn't. I just went to the website and clicked the join button.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:But if you don't accept Sly's personal invitation you won't be part of his pyramid.
True.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:But if you don't accept Sly's personal invitation you won't be part of his pyramid.
And this is bad because...???
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They just opened it up so you no longer need an invitation. That wasn't the case until the past week or so.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They just opened it up so you no longer need an invitation. That wasn't the case until the past week or so.
It was the case the day you created this thread.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hadn't realized the change. I had joined just a few days earlier and it still required an invitation.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]