If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Post of the Year
01LUGrad wrote:Here's how the last minute of the game played out at my house.

Me: No! We are doing it again!! Ahhh!
6-year-old son: Liberty is still up by one point. We could still win.
Me: Son, you don't understand. This is Liberty. It is sad, but this is kind of how it always ends for us.
Son: You never know! I bet they can still win. Maybe the kicker stinks or something.
Me: I'm not that lucky....
[blocked kick, we both run around the living room for 2 minutes, screaming like idiots]
Me: Sorry for being so negative.

The best part (this is not made up, I promise!)- He took a sip of his cherry Kool Aid and said "I think Liberty is awesome."
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
bump

I know things got pushed back a bit with the playoff run, but VA Golf, you still able to run with this?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Can we also have a new category? The Captain Obvious Award. This outstanding awRd goes to the poster who makes the most obvious claim while thinking it is ground breaking. I E. All we have to do to win is score more points than them. Sarcastic posts are ineligible

I have several nominees in mind
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SuperJon wrote:ballcoach wins that hands down.
BJ is up there Jake as well
Can you nominate the same poster twice? :)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I nominate the above post for a new award: "The Pot Calling the Kettle Award", presented by BEEJ.

And I'm not nominated for ANYTHING. I don't know whether to feel happy or saddened by that.....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Purple already nominated me for captain obvious coach...thanks
With a nomination and a second, BJ is in the running for the Captain Obvious award...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm setting up a Paypal account to handle "reimbursements" to all my supporters.

those who vote me in a straight ticket get an autographed 8 x 10 of my rear. MrsPA says its really squeezable so you know thats gonna be a keeper. (I've been doin P90x)

be sure to vote early and often
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
it's actual size

i can do scratch and sniff if thats extra incentive for you

it would be for ATRAIN
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Sorry that I kind of let this go. My life has been slammed for the past few weeks. This post may be a rare sighting of me for a while.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
For next year we ought to bring back outstanding athlete awards.

overall male athlete
Overall female athlete
outstanding football
outstanding men's basketball
Outstanding women's basketball
Outstanding baseball
Outstanding softball
Outstanding men's tennis
Outstanding women's tennis
Outstanding field hockey
Outstanding swimmer
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:For next year we ought to bring back outstanding athlete awards.

overall male athlete
Overall female athlete
outstanding football
Outstanding baseball
Outstanding softball
Outstanding men's tennis
Outstanding field hockey
Outstanding swimmer
BJ, HOW do you plan to do this when most of us haven't even met each other? Are we supposed to have some sort of FF olympics? If I end up with Lang on my football team, I'm NOT throwing him the ball. So, this whole thing will be biased anyways. Also, I'm all up for swimming but watching a bunch of guys do it so that one can claim to be the best swimmer on a message board is not high on my priority list. Also, wouldn't we then know for sure that you and JakeP50 are the same? That doesn't sound like a wise strategy on your part since most of us are starting to refer to you two as BJakewilliams50...

BAD IDEA.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:For next year we ought to bring back outstanding athlete awards.

overall male athlete
Overall female athlete
outstanding football
Outstanding baseball
Outstanding softball
Outstanding men's tennis
Outstanding field hockey
Outstanding swimmer
BJ, HOW do you plan to do this when most of us haven't even met each other? Are we supposed to have some sort of FF olympics? If I end up with Lang on my football team, I'm NOT throwing him the ball. So, this whole thing will be biased anyways. Also, I'm all up for swimming but watching a bunch of guys do it so that one can claim to be the best swimmer on a message board is not high on my priority list. Also, wouldn't we then know for sure that you and JakeP50 are the same? That doesn't sound like a wise strategy on your part since most of us are starting to refer to you two as BJakewilliams50...

BAD IDEA.
Not sure if you're joking or not. Assuming you're serious, BeeJay is talking about outstanding Liberty athletes, not the athletic abilities of our fellow posters.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]