If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Is there anyway to improve quoting capabilities in the forums? In another forum I frequent, users can select text from the post they are replying to and have just that text quoted. That would make replying to another post part by part much easier.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Is there anyway to improve quoting capabilities in the forums?
hit "quote"

then delete the parts you don't want to quote
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:users can select text from the post they are replying to and have just that text quoted.
like this?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: That would make replying to another post part by part much easier.
agree. thats why I did it that way.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
We have pretty much exhausted the useful life of our current board software. Duke, myself, and Doug have been kicking around the idea of upgrading it after football & basketball season. It would be a significant cost investment, and we would likely need to do a pledge drive if we go through with it.

Having said that, we can add quoting posts functionality to our bucket list. What else do you guys want? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
rep points on boards are lame and only there for people who need affirmation from others that their posts are good.

Oh wait, now I get it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Just an idea...its not exactly abused over on AGS so I figure maybe on the off chance somebody makes a good point (not necessarily me) its a nice gesture
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:We have pretty much exhausted the useful life of our current board software. Duke, myself, and Doug have been kicking around the idea of upgrading it after football & basketball season. It would be a significant cost investment, and we would likely need to do a pledge drive if we go through with it.

Having said that, we can add quoting posts functionality to our bucket list. What else do you guys want? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Put Cider down for $50
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
jcmanson wrote:We have pretty much exhausted the useful life of our current board software. Duke, myself, and Doug have been kicking around the idea of upgrading it after football & basketball season. It would be a significant cost investment, and we would likely need to do a pledge drive if we go through with it.

Put Cider down for $50
I know a drug dealer you can put down for $100.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Is there anyway to improve quoting capabilities in the forums?
hit "quote"

then delete the parts you don't want to quote
Duh. But that isn't easy and consequently most forum members don't do it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
was trying to figure how the heck you could say it's not that easy, then I realized most of you guys probably post from smart phones.

that would make a big difference now that I think about it.

I'm nearly always on a computer so all I have to do is left click, drag and hit delete.

so I see your point.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:was trying to figure how the heck you could say it's not that easy, then I realized most of you guys probably post from smart phones.

that would make a big difference now that I think about it.
Yes... and it is also difficult for newbies to navigate posts like mine right above yours. It's great fun when someone else gets attribution for something BJ wrote. :lol:
By BCXtreme
In a perfect world, it would be great if the site allowed photo upload. In reality, it would be great if the site could automatically resize linked images to fit and then allow "click to zoom," rather than restricting the dimensions of the external source file. In 2014, 640 pixels of width just isn't what it used to be, and constantly having to download, resize, and re-upload perfectly good images just so that they'll work with FlameFans gets tiresome.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
We used to have an insert photo function. SCORCHO could tell you why it got removed
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We actually had to putin place the 640 pixel rule because we were having massive files screw up the site which most of you realize offers two different templates. Generally 640 pixels is plenty on this board. Most of the pic hosting sites will downsize them for you as well.

As I recall, part of the reason we got rid of the attached picture option was due to the impact on our hosting charges. When you attach the pics, it greatly increases the amount of space we require to operate.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]