If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By C4CFlame17
Some of you may remember me as the guy that broke the news that EKU was out of the running for the Sun Belt opening. Well fast forward to tonight and I applied for Liberty University online. I am hoping to get my degree in Business Administration: Marketing and maybe a minor in Sport Outreach.

Glad to be a Colonel and hope to be a Flame.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Colonel5 wrote:Some of you may remember me as the guy that broke the news that EKU was out of the running for the Sun Belt opening. Well fast forward to tonight and I applied for Liberty University online. I am hoping to get my degree in Business Administration: Marketing and maybe a minor in Sport Outreach.

Glad to be a Colonel and hope to be a Flame.
Welcome :welcome :usa
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Welcome aboard! would love to see EKU and LU lock horns on the gridiron again in 2015 or thereafter
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
When I think of "the Colonel," I'm reminded of my former mascot at Ole Miss. Welcome aboard, Colonel5.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I think of chicken.
And his wee beady eyes saying Oh you'll buy my chicken. You know he puts a special chemical in it that makes you crave it fort nightly!
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
And his wee beady eyes saying Oh you'll buy my chicken. You know he puts a special chemical in it that makes you crave it fort nightly!
HEAD! PAPER! NOW! It's like an orange on a tooth-pick!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
HEAD! PAPER! NOW! It's like an orange on a tooth-pick!
It's like Sputnik. All round with pointy things at the end
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Neither am I and I grew up in the area. This board is full of Bojangles fans.

I was in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago this week and one of the places locals took great pride in describing was the busiest KFC in the world. Who knew Trindadians were such KFC fanatics?
By C4CFlame17
Crybaby So since I am a new Flame I need some help.

Other than football what are the other strong sports at Liberty? Which ones aren't that good?

Is the hockey teams NCAA? How are they both D1 and D2?

Also since this is FlamesFans I feel I should have a FlamesFan screen name. How can I change my S/N?

Also is FlameFans on Tapatalk or have a app? It is hard to navigate on mobile.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All sports with the exception of men's hoops are strong. Softball has been down a couple of years but under Dot Richardson the odds that we stay down are slim.

No, our hockey teams aren't NCAA. Based on our location in Virginia, it isn't practical. We play in the ACHA and actually have D1, D2 & D3 entries ... each with their own distinct rosters.

As for your screen name, I'm not sure who has administrative access these days. Perhaps jcmanson & BYD, but I do know that BearlyDoug should be able to hook you up.

No, we have not enabled Tapatalk primarily because of the annoying messages from that app. Unfortunately we don't have a stand alone app at this point.

And let me thank you again for diving into our community.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Strongest sports: T&F/CC, women's basketball, volleyball...those are usually the ones that you can count on to bring home a conference championship or finish second, year-in and year-out. The rest, except men's bball, are generally in the top half of the conference.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]