If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

2014: The BJ Stamp of Reaffirmation

Points are awarded for every time BJ agrees with something you said. I will leave all of the updates here. Updated April 24

A couple of highlights from the last two months:
Yes because everything you say is 14K GOLD...heck even your (word redacted) is gold and you are never wrong.
With the number of times that BJ agrees with SuperJon, SJs (word redacted) might actually be gold. (no points awarded - possible sarcasm detected)
that makes sense...Donley seemed the most likely of the scholarship players along with Sommy to likely be on the way out in some form or fashion. I like PH's idea of keeping a couple in the back pocket and balancing the graduations out somewhat.
Credit here goes to both ChrisLang and PurpleHaize for creating the first Double Pointration of the year! Perhaps a bonus needs to be given to posters who display this kind of excellence. It remains to be seen as to whether BJ can stamp 3 posters at one time. Stay tuned.
SuperJon wrote:Yeah, but my wife has a nice rack. Junior doesn't have that.
BJ Williams wrote: having not met your wife I wont agree or disagree, but if she does, I'll let you enjoy that Jon.
2 points for Jon's enjoyment only. (no points on this forum)

Okay Mo, lets look at the leaderboard.

Standings
15-SuperJon
14-Purple Haize
6-Olldflame
4-BuryYourDuke
3-BJWilliams
3-Chippy
3-JakeP50
3-JCManson
3-LynchburgWildcats
3-ThePostman
2-BallCoach15
2-ChrisLang
2-Jinxy
2-Sly Fox
2-PAMedic
2-VA Golf
1-BearlyDoug
1-CentFla
1-Cincyflame
1-EL_YU
1-Flamepop
1-Flamerbob
1-FlamesFilmGuy
1-Flameshaw
1-LBurgLifer
1-Liberty22
1-LibertyFan4Life
1-Naz
1-RubberMallet
1-Yacht Rock

Look at this two man race! Look at the emergence of Olldflame(all 6 stamps within the last two months(second unnecessary parenthetical phrase(is parenthetical a word?))) Oh well. My dark horse is JakeP50, who has make quite the impact in the short time he has been here.

Sourcing:

APRIL POSTS
I believe olldflame mentioned in another thread, he could potentially start for us as well.
OlldFlame
Agreed...Im not on the dark side with PH, FFG and the rest, but I've had my fill of this process
CincyFlame
Given any other coach id agre with you sly but I dont think captain Gus over on toomer's corner is gonna lose this one to muschamp
Given any other poster I might give Sly points. (Just kidding (I was making a joke (We are cool, right?) ) )
Agree on pike place...if I ever get to seattle im headed there if only to see the flying fish
BearlyDoug
You would be correct I believe
Purple Haize
QFT
Olldflame
Agreed...for football there certainly is no shortage...now basketball has gone through some lean years post Lefty Driesell but im sure they still average more than we do in attendance
JCManson
I would concur with that assessment...(cue postman or PH making some snarky remark about me already contacting JLFJR)
Liberty22
Agreed...when I wrote for Liberty, I routinely saw a packed house for the D1 team...and they were packed along the boards too.
Flamerbob
I agree with RM on this one...most people on here under the age of Id say 25 probably won't recognize the name Ray Bourque unless youre a Boston Bruins or Colorado Avalanche fan.
RubberMallet
Agreed...
VA Golf
I think it was...it was an update to the article I believe
Postman
Jon's right. the plan is the second deck then the horseshoe to connect the two sides. If the horseshoe went in without it, frankly it'd look really ugly.
SuperJon
Agree with Flamepop...we got ours earlier in the year and not a peep of ill sentiment...
Flamepop
Agree with BYD...the JMU contingent on CAAZone would probably plan a mass suicide if they ended up in the same conference (so they couldnt avoid playing us in football or other sports)
BuryYourDuke
I do concur that this is a very different level of play and this is gonna take some serious adjustment
Purple Haize
+1001
Naz
Jake is right...going back to the days of the LUnatics, there was one girl actively involved...maybe two
JakeP50
As I said above...baseball players are HIGHLY superstitious
BJWilliams
I was gonna say, as far as academic issues, no news is good news
Olldflame
BYD's right...let's not celebrate until we have concrete news of an accepted invitation (on Twitter or wherever) and a scheduled press conference.
BuryYourDuke
QFT...wishing you and Mrs SJ well out in Tennessee and wherever your journey may take you.
SuperJon
Qft...any change can affect the result...that's why teams are so superstitious when there is a perfecto or no-hitter in progress from about the 5th inning on
Jake P50
Indeed...
PAMedic
Agreed...if it was legal at the time, what makes it slimy?
YachtRock
Jon actually has a point postie...for the record I graduated in 09, back before Twitter exploded to the ubiquitous presence it is today.
SuperJon
That is true...(shocked I didnt think of it).
Olldflame
Yeah...the timestamp is all wrong...
PAMedic
QFT...the man put Winthrop on the map in the years he was there and no conference team since (not even BSK's beloved High Point) has come close.
Olldflame
Yup...
SuperJon
He absolutely crushed that one Jon...
SuperJon

MARCH POSTS
I don't get it either...
Purple Haize
I would have to agree CCU (despite being off their game somewhat this year) certainly would get their attention.
SuperJon
I am with olldflame on getting 2 of 3 this upcoming weekend.
Olldflame
Youre right EL_YU...other than a couple games, since we hit March, the whole staff has been absolutely bringin it
EL_YU
...but with two games coming up, Jon's right...we wanna have both for this pair of potential RPI boosters
SuperJon
I have to agree on Kat leaving...
CentFla
PH is right in that working the clock down is working for UVa and Wisconsin
Purple Haize
Agreed...that's the kind of game that should have taken place in Arlington, not in the second (third) round
LynchburgWildcats
I agree as well...I really don't see how all that does us any good on here at this point
Purple Haize
Agreed...
Flameshaw
I think youre about right.
JakeP50
and PH is right...there really is only one hater, but he tends to spread like a virus.
Purple Haize
that's true BYD...
BuryYourDuke
I would concur PH...
Purple Haize
Our focus right now though, as I said above, is and should be Elon.
BJWilliams
I don't get to say this often but I agree with you ballcoach.
BallCoach15
Jon's right...have they won conference titles? No
SuperJon
I agree that her health is going to be key for the depth in the post next season.
Chippy
youre right to feel strange
LibertyFan4Life
I second Adam to run the contest.
Purple Haize
Exactly...no reason to politicize the intro or anything...simply author and pastor.
SuperJon
I wholeheartedly agree Jon...who knows what would have happened if he had not taken the job with buffalo and Mack ended up on the mounain, but he definitely is a good evaluator of talent on the defensive side of the ball
SuperJon

FEBRUARY/JANUARY POSTS
PH is right (point for you btw)...there is a whole lot more that goes into scheduling than you might think
Purple Haize
That's another point for you postie because I agree with you
Point for ThePostman
Sly's right...HMO comes through from time to time and he is head honcho over in the alumni office so maybe he could point you in the right direction (Hold My Own for the record)
Point for Sly Fox
I'm with you jinxy. I blame Toman for this loss along with all the rest of them to come.
Point for Jinxy
Those are fair questions to consider PH...Im sure those sorts of things will be asked with all of the candidates should the search be initiated come the conclusion of this season or whenever
Point for Purple Haize
I agree...Im sure PH could wax quite a bit on how many times they worked on late game situations with the Lady Pioneers
Point for BallCoach15
that was a good era it was...
Point for LynchburgWildcats
Postie is right...I know when he worked there and I worked there, there was a lot more rock and postie had his Independent Now show that did really well giving bands a platform for their music (some from Liberty, many from outside Liberty) and of course PDOGG and all the stuff that he did...the prog...
Point for Postman
Jon's right...we need to get these high RPI games to boost our resume.
Point for SuperJon
South Florida from the AAC is gonna give us an early boost in RPI. Richmond is an in state opponent and we certainly had our struggles in that area last year as well as an early boost in the RPI coming from the A10. That said, I agree with Jon...we gotta get these next two for sure
Point for SuperJon
I dont say this often but shuk I agree with you...that is why I think that our next coach hire is someone who is just as comfortable recruiting Lynchburg as they are recruiting Los Angeles, Concord as they are Chicago or Charlotte, Norfolk as they are New York City.
Point for LynchburgWildcats
As scribe also noted, he would not have had the same opportunity to make an impact here as he would have there with the way the team is constituted.
Point for ChrisLang
I would concur, although we really cant know what our team needs for 2016 are until at least spring 2015
Baiting us here. No points awarded
I was curious about that myself when I heard Jon
Point for SuperJon
Agreed LBL, all you have offered is platitudes and zero concrete information
Point for LynchburgLifer
agreed...Too many cooks in the special teams kitchen as it were...probably would have prevented a couple of things that led to our losses this year.
Point for SuperJon
Excellent get...as I said before after evaluating him, he would make a great weakside complement to Chima. Looking forward to seeing him in the red white and navy blue this fall
Point for BJWilliams
Agreed...and thats not just a Liberty thing...you can have coaches at any number of D1 schools who completely whiff on guys, even at the big schools (although it doesnt happen as often at those places).
Point for BuryYourDuke
I agree jinxy and that is what Jon and I were getting at.
Point for Jinxy
I really didnt hate what was said...a lot of people (myself included) probably would agree with some part of it if not the whole thing.
Point for VA Golf
We are still in the stage where it's not worth it for big names to come to our place. Another regional run could change that. Jon nailed it...we really don't have that much cachet where we can get home series against the big guns
Point for SuperJon
Agreed...Ive had a few discussions with him (as a former swimmer its nice to be able to talk with someone and they actually know the same terms you do) and he definitely is the man for the job. Would love to see the team rewarded with that new facility in the very near future
Point for Sly Fox
I liked him too...good luck to him for sure (even though I do wish he would come back to the mountain personally
Point for FlamesFilmGuy
PRecisely...he doesnt sound like somebody who would fit here if he calls it "some Liberty Christian school"
Point for Chippy
Agreed...to use a phrase oft mentioned by Colin Cowherd, this team is a "dumpster fire" They have 2 wins since December 1 and only one of them is against a D1 team and that is Longwood.
Point for Chippy
Agreed...oh and Ashley has topped her season total from last year with 14 games to go in the regular season.
Point for Purple Haize
I was thinking that as I was posting earlier...good catch PH.
Point for Purple Haize
That makes the most sense to me.
Point for JCManson
Agreed...Liberty has had success at the Dedmon Center of late, but Radford has really made some significant strides in a few seasons and Coach Jones really has this one on his calendar because he is "tired of losing to Liberty" (or something along those lines).
Point for JCManson
Agreed. Liberty really has been the Everest over the years (3 single digit losses in the last 9 meetings) for CCU though.
Point for Purple Haize
Last edited by Schfourteenteen on April 24th, 2014, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm honestly surprised I've got 3 points on this.
flamesfilmguy wrote:Also Kudos on this little gem of a line "Credit here goes to both ChrisLang and PurpleHaize for creating the first Double Pointration of the year!" it sounds dirty. but hilarious.

And I have to agree that the that "creating the first Double Pointration of the year" is pretty awesome
jcmanson wrote:How does Lang have only 2 points? I was sure Beej's man crush on Lang was at SJ-levels.
From what I remember seeing during my time with BJWilliams posts and Sailor Jerry, BJ's posts on Lang generally reflect that of a reporter reporting on Lang's reporting.

I would venture to guess that if Jon wrote "my wife is awesome" and Lang put out an article saying "Jon's wife is awesome," BJ would agree with Jon's post but would say "according to Chris Lang's article, Jon's wife is awesome" in response to Chris' article.
Schfourteenteen wrote:
jcmanson wrote:How does Lang have only 2 points? I was sure Beej's man crush on Lang was at SJ-levels.
From what I remember seeing during my time with BJWilliams posts and Sailor Jerry, BJ's posts on Lang generally reflect that of a reporter reporting on Lang's reporting.

I would venture to guess that if Jon wrote "my wife is awesome" and Lang put out an article saying "Jon's wife is awesome," BJ would agree with Jon's post but would say "according to Chris Lang's article, Jon's wife is awesome" in response to Chris' article.
So what you're saying is there was cross mojonation?......This is getting odder by the post.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]