If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
This was posted in the megathread, but I think it deserves its own home. The Flames Club has set a goal for 1,000 members by 2015. The basic membership cost is only $60.00. If each of the FlameFans regulars became members and found one other member outside of this online community, we could help the Flames Club reach their goal by the end of the summer. Let's make a difference.

Go to http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10904 to get more info about Campaign 1,000.

Go to http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=29474 to complete the Flames Club registration.

If you sign up as a new Flames Club member, let us know. I'll keep an ongoing list of the new members on this post.

New Members
CinciFlame
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I donated $500 to the tennis teams when I got the $8,000 tax refund for buying a house a few years ago, but now that we have two mortgages plus rent as well as a wedding to pay for, I'm going to have to pass this year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I love my school. I love our athletic program. I'm even a fan of Bob Good which says a ton given how our relationship started. With that said, I know that, right now, our school has more money than they know what to do with. As an alum with a crap ton of student loan debt, someone who just bought a house, lives five hours away, and is lucky to get to one game a year, I just don't see the need to become a member. If we were a school struggling to make the budget or getting budget cuts from a state government, I'd give in a heartbeat. If I lived within two hours of Lynchburg, I'd give in a heartbeat. With that said, given current circumstances, I'd rather my $60 go to someone who truly needs it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
only took you 3 yrs to become a curmudgeon

sweet

EDIT: plus you'll probably be pumpin out kids any day now. You wanna see disposable income go right down the crapper...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'll always give money. It's what I believe we're called to do as Christians. It's more than just a 10% to a church or something like that. We're called to give generously. My wife and I support two kids in Honduras. We give to our capital campaign at our church. We tithe. I give away design work to a church plant because I value what they're doing and know they can't afford it. I'm doing some work cheap for a start up because I believe in their mission. All of these people need my help. Liberty doesn't need my money. If this were the 90's or even before Doc died and we were hurting for money, I'd give in a heartbeat. Other things take precedent now.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
She's not bad. Had a huge migraine that knocked her out on Monday but she's bounced back from it. Dinner last night didn't sit well with her but overall she's pretty good. They've got a fairly light patient load today at work so I'd expect she'll want to go to the gym tonight. Overall, pretty good.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:She's not bad. Had a huge migraine that knocked her out on Monday but she's bounced back from it. Dinner last night didn't sit well with her but overall she's pretty good. They've got a fairly light patient load today at work so I'd expect she'll want to go to the gym tonight. Overall, pretty good.
:clapping
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
SuperJon wrote:She's not bad. Had a huge migraine that knocked her out on Monday but she's bounced back from it. Dinner last night didn't sit well with her but overall she's pretty good. They've got a fairly light patient load today at work so I'd expect she'll want to go to the gym tonight. Overall, pretty good.
:clapping
chort-eling audibly drinking my Wawa coffee

and I know a guy who's pi$$ed you didnt give him that kinda info when he asked

EDIT: thread successfully derailed
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not really (and again Im offended that you would presume so shorty)...sorry to hear about the headache though
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]