If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Guess I should have started an introduction post before I made the announcement post, huh? Sorry about that, y'all. :)

I'm a *very* passionate Collegiate Football junkie, living in an Atlanta suburb. I am an SEC (Arkansas Razorbacks) and Sun Belt (Arkansas State, Georgia State) fan, however, I am a huge fan of collegiate football itself.

I fancy myself as a CFB Historian, often researching game history by way of GridironHistory (to avoid spamming/pimping the site, I'm not linking to it in this post (it's a respect thing, since I'm a guest in someone else's home)).

I've been in the hosting and web design sector since 1999. I'm a former VP of Sales for a moderately sized company (25,000 physical servers in 7 data centers), an Online Community aficionado, current Tech and Web Admin for LRB Sports Media, Inc. (Owners of Hogville, FearlessFriday and GridironHistory). I currently work for the people hosting LFN/FF as a web developer, though my role will evolve to be a bit more than just a webby.

I've also been a Customer Advocate since 1988 and involved in Online Communities since 1995. I started off as a volunteer for AOL's Online Technical Support team and gradually switched over to Digital Cities AOL as the training coordinator for Chat Room Simulations for new AOL Chat Host volunteers. The online community bug took off from there.

I am also a Sports Media personality, one of three hosts behind "Two Cents Radio" (there's actually two shows with this name, however, our's is specifically centered around Collegiate Sports and not a general catch-all. Our show currently airs on Wednesday nights, from 9 to 11 PM Eastern, where the primary focus is on SEC and Sun Belt sports. We'll be picking up a second show every week, Mondays from 3 to 5 PM Eastern, covering Big Ten and Conference USA sports. I also hold Media Credentials to one SEC school and two Sun Belt Schools, though I'm hoping to eventually obtain more credentialing in the near future.

I have not taken a video of the current design for the office/studio, but the below video is one I did before changing the set up to accommodate two computers more effectively.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

(I sound like garbage on the video, haha!)

Got any questions, ask!

PS: I have no plans to try to bump anyone (especially SCORCHO). :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:We had to hire from outside the bubble because everyone inside the bubble has either transferred to Duke or is incapable of leading us to the next level.
Yes but outsiders have new ideas and try to tell us how to of things. We've done things the same way and look at how far we've come. Its warm and safe in our bubble. He's probably not even Baptist :nono
By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
jcmanson wrote:We had to hire from outside the bubble because everyone inside the bubble has either transferred to Duke or is incapable of leading us to the next level.
Yes but outsiders have new ideas and try to tell us how to of things. We've done things the same way and look at how far we've come. Its warm and safe in our bubble. He's probably not even Baptist :nono
Let's not knock outsiders too badly.

I was an outsider (and not even a Collegiate Sports fan) when I joined Hogville in 2003. By 2006, Hogville (a FAN site) was getting 2x the traffic the OFFICIAL University of Arkansas Razorbacks fan site was getting. Could you imagine sharing FF with 25K others and over 7 million posts, with a daily average of 2300 people online? When I joined, I was member #436, and there were less than 45K posts.

Sometimes outsiders are the best assets to a site owner. :)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BearlyDoug wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Let's not knock outsiders too badly.

I was an outsider (and not even a Collegiate Sports fan) when I joined Hogville in 2003. By 2006, Hogville (a FAN site) was getting 2x the traffic the OFFICIAL University of Arkansas Razorbacks fan site was getting. Could you imagine sharing FF with 25K others and over 7 million posts, with a daily average of 2300 people online? When I joined, I was member #436, and there were less than 45K posts.

Sometimes outsiders are the best assets to a site owner. :)
You'll quickly realize that you can't take some of our posts at face value. Especially PH's.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:If you take this place too seriously then you'll end up going crazy.
Or being a Red Sox fan

I am glad Dougy Fresh is here. If we didn't rib you big fella we wouldn't care :mrgreen:
You're just a jerk
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:If you take this place too seriously then you'll end up going crazy.
Or being a Red Sox fan

I am glad Dougy Fresh is here. If we didn't rib you big fella we wouldn't care :mrgreen:
You're just a jerk
You're just being obtuse
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm still a bit concerned about the tattoo.

since I just assumed you were a dude.

anyway Bob Jones said they're satanic, so...

BTW welcome aboard.

I'm kinda a big deal around here.

PS: whats in "theeee" cabinet? I'm going with Crown as a first guess.

too small for a keg of Lager but I'll give you some leeway on this one.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]