If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I'm still a bit concerned about the tattoo.
since I just assumed you were a dude.
Eh.. don't sweat it. BTW, it's one of four that I have... so far. :D
PAmedic wrote:I'm kinda a big deal around here.
Ahh, I've met your type before. Since I am a n00b around here, I'll keep my opinions to myself, haha!
PAmedic wrote:PS: whats in "theeee" cabinet? I'm going with Crown as a first guess. too small for a keg of Lager but I'll give you some leeway on this one.
To which cabinet are you referring? Got two of 'em. The indoor one and the garage one. Indoor's stocked with my Martini mixings (favorite drink), Scotch and a very nicely aged E&J Brandy (going on 9 years now).

Outside "cabinet" (which is actually a mini-fridge) is stocked with my sweets... you know, the Kahlua, Bailey's, etc.
flamesfilmguy wrote:if he's a good ole GA boy it will be uncle Jack. That Canadian stuff is for you yankees.
I'm a transplant. Have lived in all four corners of the US. 6th Generation Californian, but raised in Colorado Springs. Have lived in Seattle and north of Boston as well.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Oh SLY is gonna love you. You'll hear how he's lived in all those places and knows every restaurant in each. And which family members still live there.

and how Texas is better.

you've of course missed out on the very best corner of the world which is clearly the suburbs of Philly

so far so good- if you say you like shootin guns you may stay.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Sheesh. I stay away from this place for a few days in one of BearlyDoug's old haunts and I miss a ton. Welcome to the board, BearlyDoug.
PAmedic wrote:Oh SLY is gonna love you. You'll hear how he's lived in all those places and knows every restaurant in each. And which family members still live there.

and how Texas is better.
I gotta start playing the lottery.

posted that 25 hrs prior for the record.
By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Wow... sorry for bumping up an old topic... had completely forgotten about this thread.

Everyone, thanks. Y'all are definitely insane, but seem to be good people... even that PH fella.

Sly, help me out... which one of my (many other) haunts are you referring to? I've lost count as to how many places I've signed up. I'm on at least 40 other sports sites... so many that I forget which ones I'm on until I try to register for a new account (only to find out I've been on that site already).

As far as the "big" jokes... careful there. I'm just about big enough to fit in very nicely on the front 7 of an OL or the front 5 on the DL for almost any team. ;)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was actually referring to Seattle, if my memory serves me correct. I have a couple of clients up there. In fact, I am flying there this coming week from another client in NYC. And if anyone around here can appreciate working a large number of boards, it would be me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BearlyDoug wrote:Wow... sorry for bumping up an old topic... had completely forgotten about this thread.

Everyone, thanks. Y'all are definitely insane, but seem to be good people... even that PH fella.
I'm pretty awesome. Ask anyone.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I was actually referring to Seattle, if my memory serves me correct. I have a couple of clients up there. In fact, I am flying there this coming week from another client in NYC. And if anyone around here can appreciate working a large number of boards, it would be me.
I'm heading there in July. Where should I eat or what should I see?
By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Pike Place Market... no questions asked.

If you can do the Seattle Underground tour, do it, but try to go to one of the early tours or one of the later tours and definitely not on a Friday-Sunday.

Seattle Center, the Waterfront... all good areas to visit. Make sure you ride the Monorail at least once (it's affordable).

If you can wing it, catch one of the comedy shows, too, especially the one directly across from Pike Place Market's main entrance.

Catch one of the Mariners games, too.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree completely on Pike Place Market. If you have the time, a ferry ride up over the Olympic Peninsula or Whidbey Island is pretty cool. I have never ridden the monorail but I use the light rail system there quite a bit between Sea-Tac and Downtown.

As for dining, there are tons of great seafood options. I have become a big fan of Serious Pie. They definitely take pizzas in unexpected but awesome directions.
By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Ahh, forgot about the ferry rides. I've always enjoyed the Seattle <-> Bremerton ride... even if only to just pause and reflect.

Bainbridge Island and Vashon Island are quaint little places... go spend a few hours there, too.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I had one of my favorite meals of the past year or so on Friday night at place called Matt's in the Market. It is on the second floor of a building across the street the from the famous fish-throwers so you have a killer view of the market at Puget Sound behind it. I enjoyed a killer sunset while have perhaps the best salad I can ever recall ... Grilled Asparagus with big clumps of smoked steelhead and steelhead eggs in a killer sauce with a soft-boiled quail egg. It tasted even better than it sounds for $15. It could have been a meal and I would have been good. Atmosphere is top notch and the open kitchen lets you watch the celebrity chef do his thing. I was fortunate that I was by myself and could slide into a rare bar seat opening. Otherwise they recommend reservations weeks in advance. It is not eating on the cheap but is a great night out with the significant other.

And remember that the iconic Pike Place Chowder is only open from 11-5. It is street-level in the same building as the aforementioned Matt's.

PS - Serious Pie was killer as always for my lunch on my brief business trip in and out of town. Still gets two big thumbs up.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]