If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
crickets....... ;)

I think that there's a decent amount of traffic, just not very exciting anymore.

Maybe there's just to many sources for LU stuff now, this used to be the only good source?
Maybe there is just not enough good debating anymore?
Maybe LU athletics haven't given us much to debate about?
Maybe we are a dying breed? Students don't seem to care as much about athletics like we did when we were in school.
Maybe it's because we have lost some pretty loyal posters over the last few years... We used to have 10-15 people that would post 100's of post every week - they just aren't here anymore. They actually have jobs now, and families, and new hobbies... Those guys made this site work.... Everyone knows who they are.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:or maybe.............nevermind
I'm curious where this was going. Now I'll just be waiting in suspense. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:To answer at least a little bit here...

Actual site traffic really isn't down. Posting is. I think people have some pretty decent theories as to why that is.

Anybody that wants to try to insinuate something can come out and say it...or answer a PM.
You are assuming most people know what this word means :D

I'd be interested in theories of why posting is down. I'd say because there hasn't been much to post about. It's the same song with LU athletics. Mainly football. There are only so many times you can say the same thing.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The increase in discussion on social media that used to only be found here is a big contributor. The new guys running the show are working to drive more traffic to both of their sites through their content. But they are still feeling their way around how to maximize the assets.

And frankly I haven't had the time to invest in trying to build traffic due to a huge increase in my workload and travel. That was a big reason why jcmanson & BYD are now running the show.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
It also could be that some of the more avid posters in the recent years have all grown up and gotten big boy jobs and can't post as much. Don't worry we are still watching... always watching :) oh and sly travels way more than he used to. so that too. oh and medic wears a badge now so he's kinda slowed it down. BJ got married, TGBGB has been MIA. SuperJon has gotten married. Schfourteen got married. Bryson got married. Geez all of us are getting married.... Hold my own has been MIA. El Scorcho is busy saving the world. ToTheLeft is MIA. gosh what happened to all of us?!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote: Anybody that wants to try to insinuate something can come out and say it...or answer a PM.
:popcorn
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:It also could be that some of the more avid posters in the recent years have all grown up and gotten big boy jobs and can't post as much. Don't worry we are still watching... always watching :) oh and sly travels way more than he used to. so that too. oh and medic wears a badge now so he's kinda slowed it down. BJ got married, TGBGB has been MIA. SuperJon has gotten married. Schfourteen got married. Bryson got married. Geez all of us are getting married.... Hold my own has been MIA. El Scorcho is busy saving the world. ToTheLeft is MIA. gosh what happened to all of us?!
That and people here are a lot more dumb than when this board was good.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And Fumble died. He was always good for a few dozen posts every week. I still miss the old guy, and he was a heck of a Quiz Bowler, too.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote::dontgetit
jcmanson wrote:Alright no need to call people names. We all love each other.
What, you don't love me Haize?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
Purple Haize wrote::dontgetit
jcmanson wrote:Alright no need to call people names. We all love each other.
What, you don't love me Haize?
I'm such a lover I make Barry White look like a monk!
I just didn't see any name calling.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Manson, you agreed this place got increasingly dumb. That's one of the reasons you left and started Flames Nation. You were one of the top posters here but got tired of the ignorant nonsense that's everywhere.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I think the place just needs an infusion of fresh blood which we have some ideas to reach out to the students. But I don't think trashing the place is a good idea. It's still the best place to discuss Liberty athletics and foster the fans' passion.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It totally is. We are suffering from what happens when a fan base grows. We started with a core of passionate fans who really followed everything. We now have a larger group of people meaning the knowledge depth is much less. It's normal.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I think Super used the word "dumb", which of course is a very common, often-used term for anyone associated with Morgantown and that little hillbilly college up there where their fans dress up in yellow.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, I think Super used the word "dumb", which of course is a very common, often-used term for anyone associated with Morgantown and that little hillbilly college up there where their fans dress up in yellow.
The way the football team is playing in light of how well Doc is coaching that Jr College team in Huntington who wears uniforms resembling snot rockets you may have made an apt description.

To get back on topic, it does go back to the fan base. We have tremendous spectators but few fans as I've said before. Chances are if you are on this board you are a fan. But you also have to look at the product. We just aren't very exciting right now in the big sports.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I needed to re-log in and was reminded of the awful ads. I would no longer be using the site if I had to use the default (ad enabled) version. I'm sure there are other users who feel the same.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I needed to re-log in and was reminded of the awful ads. I would no longer be using the site if I had to use the default (ad enabled) version. I'm sure there are other users who feel the same.
You mean you're not interested in meeting 10,000 single Asian women?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:I needed to re-log in and was reminded of the awful ads. I would no longer be using the site if I had to use the default (ad enabled) version. I'm sure there are other users who feel the same.
You mean you're not interested in meeting 10,000 single Asian women?
Did you know the ads are built to perceive your own browsing history, and show what seems to interest you? What kind of sites are YOU visiting?

I don't post nearly as often September-March. That instantly drives down site IQ during those months.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]