If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:
If it's the content, I can empathize. We are trying to fix this. - The ACA Department
FIFY
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:I needed to re-log in and was reminded of the awful ads. I would no longer be using the site if I had to use the default (ad enabled) version. I'm sure there are other users who feel the same.
You mean you're not interested in meeting 10,000 single Asian women?
Did you know the ads are built to perceive your own browsing history, and show what seems to interest you? What kind of sites are YOU visiting?
That can't be accurate since I'm getting those ads on my work computer which has very strong filters (I'm a high school teacher). Now my home computer on the other hand...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we've been re-doing the floors so all I see is ads for lumber liquidators and laminate if I don't log in.

well that and the asian chicks which is cool. I'm multi-cultural.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:we've been re-doing the floors so all I see is ads for lumber liquidators and laminate if I don't log in.

Are you using wood from Indonesia? :dontgetit
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
PAmedic wrote:we've been re-doing the floors so all I see is ads for lumber liquidators and laminate if I don't log in.

Are you using wood from Indonesia? :dontgetit
that's what she said.....I think :shock:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Did you know the ads are built to perceive your own browsing history, and show what seems to interest you? What kind of sites are YOU visiting?
I do know that this is generally true... BUT:

I just got a brand new SSD to replace my OEM HD on my MBP. Follow? :lol:

I have not yet visited 10 different websites and I had Asian women hitting on me. Play Basketball
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:We are working on the ad content issue. However, until we can get steady sponsors it will be difficult to totally control this. As someone pointed out, the ads are targeted.

On another note, "the customer is always right". I don't get the anger about ads in general though if that's the issue. Almost every single website you go to on the Internet has ads. It's a necessary evil if you want websites to be free.

If it's the content, I can empathize. We are trying to fix this.
It's that the ads are almost always ads for various singles websites, mostly Asian or other scantally clad women. I can personally say it has led to a drop in my frequenting enough to put together a post simply because I don't want to look at that stuff.

The majority of ads that show up on this site are definitely not targeted at browsing history either. It's not hard to verify that, as alabama already did.

The need for revenue is understandable, just tighter controls on what type of content is advertised is vital.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:We are working on the ad content issue. However, until we can get steady sponsors it will be difficult to totally control this. As someone pointed out, the ads are targeted.

On another note, "the customer is always right". I don't get the anger about ads in general though if that's the issue. Almost every single website you go to on the Internet has ads. It's a necessary evil if you want websites to be free.

It's that the ads are almost always ads for various singles websites, mostly Asian or other scantally clad women. I can personally say it has led to a drop in my frequenting enough to put together a post simply because I don't want to look at that stuff.

The majority of ads that show up on this site are definitely not targeted at browsing history either. It's not hard to verify that, as alabama already did.

The need for revenue is understandable, just tighter controls on what type of content is advertised is vital.

It's why I use the red swirly setting. No ads
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:

Thank you. This type of information is helpful. I am able to block ad types by URL. So, if you see an ad that offends you, let me know what the URL is and I will block it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm not offended. make it rain baby.

I'm probably not helping here.

my bad
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe people are honestly so wound up over this. It's a fact of life, be a man and overcome.

Although personally I would prefer they be Latinas over Asians but I don't have that much of preference :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I can't believe people are honestly so wound up over this. It's a fact of life, be a man and overcome.

Although personally I would prefer they be Latinas over Asians but I don't have that much of preference :)
And by Latin you mean Eastern European
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:So I guess it's safe to say all the "offensive" ads have been blocked.
Don't know. Am using the Red skin. Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]