If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'll let jcmanson & BYD answer those questions, LUconn. But let's just say the transition is still a work in progress.

But I wanted to join in singing the praises of El Scorcho for managing the technical aspects of this site over the years. I make no bones about the fact that I am a content guy and not a technical guru like Scorcho. He has invested countless hours in keeping this site up and thriving despite crazy traffic patterns that would be impossible to predict (i.e. Curry/McKay saga). He has gone above & beyond the call of duty for far too long. This site would not have been possible without his guidance. We certainly wouldn't have enjoyed as many references to walled gardens.

Muchas Gracias, El Scorcho!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll add my name to the list of well wishers Scorcho...your technical knowledge in dealing with the many quirks and glitches with the site over the years (and your swift dealing with issues from spambots to the aforementioned Curry/McKay saga when the site crashed).

Enjoy your retirement big guy...hope this means you will have more time to contribute in discussions more now
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Some change can be annoying but this place was getting a little bit stale. Needs new blood. It's been pretty much the same 10 guys arguing with each other for a while now. I for one, welcome, our new flamesnation overlords.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
So, did FlamesNation purchase FlameFans? Just curious to know what brought about the merger.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Like Duke said, the integration will intentionally be slow. What you can expect to see over the next several days/weeks:

1. The most critical issue that we are working on getting straight is the login issue. Hopefully that will be resolved ASAP.

2. Once that is straight, the header & menu bar you see in FlamesNation will be put on FlameFans.

3. The final step of this process is having LibertyFlamesNation.com and FlameFans.com both redirect to the newly designed FlamesNation landing page. From there it is very simple to navigate to the message board via either the menu bar at the top of the page or the FlameFans box in the right sidebar.

If any of you have any questions on this transition or if any issues arise, please voice them so we can get them straight. As I tweeted the other day, this transition has many moving parts and we have all worked diligently to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:The merger was a transaction between private parties and the details will not be discussed publicly. Sorry to not be able to give you any juicy details.
Ok.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Even if there were, as BYD noted, they cant be discussed publicly (legality's sake Im sure)
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:The merger was a transaction between private parties and the details will not be discussed publicly. Sorry to not be able to give you any juicy details.
Rumor has it that SlyFox has been sending invitations to his new island resort. If you are one of the fortunate ones to receive an invite, please post some photos. I doubt this resort purchase has anything to do with the FlameFans transaction, but.......
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the love, all. I do appreciate it. As I said before, I've enjoyed doing it and hope the site finds some growth in its new home. You're a great crowd to shoot the bull with.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
especially me right?

i know you unintentionally forgot that part.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Will the login issue be corrected before tomorrow night's game?
I hope so. We're trying to get it corrected and have been for a while now. At this point, I can't make any promises.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
SumItUp wrote:Will the login issue be corrected before tomorrow night's game?
I hope so. We're trying to get it corrected and have been for a while now. At this point, I can't make any promises.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean its a bit of an annoyance and it will be nice when it is fixed, but honestly it is not THAT annoying. It takes one more click
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I mean its a bit of an annoyance and it will be nice when it is fixed, but honestly it is not THAT annoying. It takes one more click
I want to know how it's only taking you one extra click. Do you normally log in every time you visit? I always have mine set to automatically log me in. If you try that now, it's three extra clicks (if your browser remembers your username and password; if not, it's a lot of additional typing). No, not a huge deal, but it is annoying.
Last edited by adam42381 on August 29th, 2013, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I mean its a bit of an annoyance and it will be nice when it is fixed, but honestly it is not THAT annoying. It takes one more click
I don't mind if I am in the office on my PC, but on my phone I have to retype my login credentials. It's more than a few clicks.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
1. The most critical issue that we are working on getting straight is the login issue. Hopefully that will be resolved ASAP.

2. Once that is straight, the header & menu bar you see in FlamesNation will be put on FlameFans.

3. The final step of this process is having LibertyFlamesNation.com and FlameFans.com both redirect to the newly designed FlamesNation landing page. From there it is very simple to navigate to the message board via either the menu bar at the top of the page or the FlameFans box in the right sidebar.
looking forward to #'s 2 & 3

enjoy reading the columns and will be nice to be able to navigate back and forth from the forum
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
I don't mind if I am in the office on my PC, but on my phone I have to retype my login credentials. It's more than a few clicks.
Agreed. The mobile device log in requires your credentials every time. Good thing I remembered my password!
By justin414
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:You should be able to login fine now!!!
Just logged in with no problem! Glad the site seems to be back to normal.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It still doesn't keep you logged in when you leave the website and return later. I've tried using IE9 and Chrome at work.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:It still doesn't keep you logged in when you leave the website and return later. I've tried using IE9 and Chrome at work.
What he said
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:It still doesn't keep you logged in when you leave the website and return later. I've tried using IE9 and Chrome at work.
What he said
That should clear up soon. Try resetting your cookies.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]