If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
All I can say is that I've personally tried my best not to be as arrogant as I first was when I started posting here. I hope it's improved, and that I'm somewhat useful. But I must be honest, I get the sense this website was much more fun before I joined. Doesn't mean I still don't enjoy it, but I'm even guilty as far as arguing with ignorance.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Its amazing how many life lessons I've learned from FF...who would have ever thunk it? Seriously, I've learned where boundaries are and I think its helped me see some logic in arguments as well...and try to use some of my own.

Schorcho, "You're either for us or against us" is what I call bunker mentality...just think of a bunch of people huddled up in a bunker peeking out to see if anyones coming to try and overtake their fort. This is what has caused the polarizing sides and you are either for coach _______ or you are against coach ______ and when I was younger I was the same way...but I grew out of it and I'm afraid not everyone has. Being rational seems to escape people when it comes to coaching or administration decisions around here. I think we forget that nobody is perfect and certain coach's that we like as a person are fully capable of making mistakes...and coach's and admin that we do not like as people are perfectly capable of running good programs and making good decisions. Seriously, I never see that. I guess that's just with athletics in general though, if you were to ask a Ark fan to be logical in their evaluation of the Alabama program after their butt whooping they would only talk about how it is full of players getting paid and not going to class or whatever else their imagination can dream up.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I think it's a fine line. Dissension can sometimes be a good thing. Holding a contrarian agenda is an entirely different thing.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:And you can disagree without making personal attacks on coaches, admin, other posters.
We have rules against making personal attacks against other members of the board and we are enforcing those more aggressively these days. Some users are currently in a TO because of this rule. That will continue going forward.

It's a little more difficult with coaches and the administration, however. One person's criticism is another person's personal attack. I'll do my best to make sure the line becomes clear, but those are people who will be openly criticized on the board. If we don't allow that, we may as well shut it down.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:And you can disagree without making personal attacks on coaches, admin, other posters.
We have rules against making personal attacks against other members of the board and we are enforcing those more aggressively these days. Some users are currently in a TO because of this rule. That will continue going forward.

It's a little more difficult with coaches and the administration, however. One person's criticism is another person's personal attack. I'll do my best to make sure the line becomes clear, but those are people who will be openly criticized on the board. If we don't allow that, we may as well shut it down.
But personal attacks against BeeJay are still cool right?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As much as Im sure youre trying to be funny, I think you missed the point (hence Sly's response)
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]