If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BiggAl57
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
El Scorcho wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:Would this be why I've started getting a security warning every time I open a new page on Flamefans today?
That should not be happening. I'd like to troubleshoot it if you don't mind helping.

What browser are you using?
I'm using IE8 here at work. Message reads:
Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?
This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.
i am getting this error messgae alos. I am using IE8
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:Simply entering flamefans.com is still not working in Chrome. Once I add either the www. to the front, or a /forums/index.php, then it works.
It is working for me in Chrome. Not sure what to tell you on that one. I can't seem to reproduce it.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
BiggAl57 wrote:I'm using IE8 here at work. Message reads:
Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?
This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.
i am getting this error messgae alos. I am using IE8[/quote]

I'm still troubleshooting how to fix this. I do know what the problem is now. Working on it.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:For what it is worth, in Chrome Mobile I get an alert about every 2nd or 3rd click but it still lets me load up the page.
The problem is that some browsers throw a warning by default for when mixed content is delivered. Meaning that if some parts of the page are encrypted and some aren't, you'll get a warning in your browsers. The Google Analytics scripts that run on the site aren't encrypted like the rest of the board, so sometimes they're causing errors.

In desktop browsers this warning can be disabled, but that's not the correct solution to the problem. I'll get it right.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Or...

I could forget that this board has tons of embedded images, none of which are being delivered over encrypted channels.

So, you can either disable the warning in your browser of choice, or you'll get the errors thanks to all of wonderful signatures and images that are hosted off-site. The mixed-content warning isn't a real security risk to turn off. I've always done it when using IE. If anyone needs help with how to do it in their browser of choice, let me know.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Or...

I could forget that this board has tons of embedded images, none of which are being delivered over encrypted channels.
All of the youtube vids lock it up also?
By BiggAl57
Registration Days Posts
now i am geeting the same error message but it won't go away and after 3 clicks to allow all content it tells me that the site is not available...not good
By BiggAl57
Registration Days Posts
BiggAl57 wrote:now i am geeting the same error message but it won't go away and after 3 clicks to allow all content it tells me that the site is not available...not good
only on some of the threads. all other i get the error message once when i open and once if i go to any page. it clears after i click to allow all content
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, anything embedded from another site on the board will cause a browser error right now.

Working on it.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Looks like signatures are going to have to go away for now in order to help fix this.

But hey, look! There's a Quick Reply button at the bottom of each post now. That'll be handy during games.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Looks like signatures are going to have to go away for now in order to help fix this.

But hey, look! There's a Quick Reply button at the bottom of each post now. That'll be handy during games.
I have no quick reply.
By BiggAl57
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Have the error messages decreased for everyone at this point?
still getting them on some of the threads that have images posted in them (example the thread on the upcoming game with Norfolk State)
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
BiggAl57 wrote:
still getting them on some of the threads that have images posted in them (example the thread on the upcoming game with Norfolk State)
Yeah, unfortunately there's no way around that. As long as we've got things embedded from other sites, that will be the case. I've tried to minimize it as much as possible.

And you can disable the warning in your browser, if you'd like.
By BiggAl57
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
BiggAl57 wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately there's no way around that. As long as we've got things embedded from other sites, that will be the case. I've tried to minimize it as much as possible.

And you can disable the warning in your browser, if you'd like.
i'll deal with it. This is a work connection so i am not able to disbale the warning - corp policy
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
something changed since 1645 hrs and now you cant load pictures over 600 pixels wide.

in fact you cant even quote a pic you just posted earlier today.

I spent 20 minutes trying to resize a MS Paint masterpiece and it's quite draining.

SCORCHO is it related to this issue?
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:something changed since 1645 hrs and now you cant load pictures over 600 pixels wide.

I spent 20 minutes trying to resize a MS Paint masterpiece and it's quite draining.

I've noticed I can't see any posted images today. And I miss my nudity since Scorcho decided to go all moralist on us.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:something changed since 1645 hrs and now you cant load pictures over 600 pixels wide.

Yes, I disabled pictures over 600px wide because the column width on the default template will only show 600 pixels anyway.

Sorry. :(
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]