If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote:We all were at one point or another boss...and there are some days I still feel like Im new to them even though Ive posted on message boards of various iterations covering a variety of topics since I was 17.
Last edited by From the class of 09 on January 23rd, 2012, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote:yeah I know that's like trying to tell a horse whoa after they have burst out of the barn and is a few miles down the road
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote:Everybody in the pep band was giving it to Abele as he was making his way back to the bench. I gave him a "dont you wish your girlfriend was hot like me"
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote:It means youre putting WAY more on this game in your own mind than you need to...this is a big game yes, but the reason Im losing sleep at night is because my medication is wearing off and rolling over in bed hurts, or one of my roommates decided to throw objects at my door and woke me up, not because of this game. Like I said, its a big game, but at the end of the day, its a game, not armageddon and the fate of the free world depends on it.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote:Nope...straight as the day I was born and will remain that way til the day I die. Jesse is a great guy. He came to my hall one Tuesday night to talk about a volleyball tournament at the Schilling Center and he was wearing a perfectly tailored suit and shoes that you could probably check your teeth in they looked that well polished...if I was a dad to a daughter his age (which would mean Id probably have to be about 20-25 years older than I am now) Id think that God just dropped a huge blessing in my lap.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:
BJ wrote:Nope...straight as the day I was born and will remain that way til the day I die. Jesse is a great guy. He came to my hall one Tuesday night to talk about a volleyball tournament at the Schilling Center and he was wearing a perfectly tailored suit and shoes that you could probably check your teeth in they looked that well polished...if I was a dad to a daughter his age (which would mean Id probably have to be about 20-25 years older than I am now) Id think that God just dropped a huge blessing in my lap.
By far one of my favorites! haha
From the class of 09 wrote:Also does BJ seem irritable lately?
Yes...Its gotten out of control really but its still entertaining.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
BJ wrote: and Keenan, it is possible to disagree with someone and not come off like the north end of a southbound donkey
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
This may be my favorite thread on FF. Ever. Let's please keep this going.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I don't know liberty couples was pretty awesome. Cause it's so true.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:having been on this board for a couple years, Ive seen a lot of things. One thing that really kinda bothers me is the fact that in many discussions, I will offer some very valid points, but in large part they get ignored. Now I can understand that happening once in a while because I know I say some pretty stupid stuff, but even so, I feel like I make some pretty valid points, but its like no one really cares what I think. Now if my opinions really do not matter that much then maybe Im in the wrong place.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Read and acknowledged
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:having been on this board for a couple years, Ive seen a lot of things. One thing that really kinda bothers me is the fact that in many discussions, I will offer some very valid points, but in large part they get ignored. Now I can understand that happening once in a while because I know I say some pretty stupid stuff, but even so, I feel like I make some pretty valid points, but its like no one really cares what I think. Now if my opinions really do not matter that much then maybe Im in the wrong place.
Such fond memories.

I also know that there is no way BJ hasn't read this thread. I am disappointed he hasn't responded in a thread dedicated to him. Especially since all he has ever wanted is to be read and acknowledged.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The big question he is no doubt asking is which would be more cost effective but at the same time would fulfill the purpose for the baseball team.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Anonymous wrote:she has already been signed
That'd be great news! Course around here we need sources for just about anything related to LU sports (and Sly of course will make his usual spiel about registering so that should be coming here soon)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Not sure what this was about, but it sure read funny -
BJWilliams wrote:I thought they mandated no breaking balls at that age some years ago
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:well excuse me for thinking you ought to at least be a little respectful of your opponent on a message board...
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Presbyterian played very well...but for someone with the username "No Fear", you do an awful lot of handwringing and "chicken little-ing".
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:lets wait to get confirmation from our resident scribe...who is connected
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im upset with the media too...just they arent the ones who post on this particular message board so I reserve my ire at them for off the record
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:good teams find ways to win bad games...does it mean that we are doomed against Stony Brook three weeks from now...hell no (pardon my saying)...Im not expecting you to be a rah rah rah kool aid drinking never criticizing 24/7/365 cheerleader
:koolaid :cheerleader
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]