If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The man is good at what he does so why not have high expectations?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Holy crap! I just found this thread.... This gives that couples thread a run for its money.
I got so many B.J Williams stories I don't know where to start... I might pull out some old radio broadcasting files... There is one softball game that he called and the sign off was classic!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
every softball game he did was a thing of beauty...or torture

I hated being the lab attendant those days!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yeah I was pretty rough in my early days...Ive improved since then but yeah I dont blame you for feeling like my broadcasts could be a violation of the Geneva Convention
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:but if the opportunity presents itself I will send you a PM
JLFJR wrote:BJ has been sending me messages
Last edited by jbock13 on February 27th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Look jerk, he said that is how he wanted to be reached if you were interested in being interviewed. Its people like you that are making life not very enjoyable right now so back off.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJ you choose to come here. Take the ribbing or don't come on here. Simple. You've certainly got more important things in life right now than this board.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
You like to PM people. Honestly I don't care what you do or who you message, and why. Just thought it was worth pointing out since you do like to PM people. I know you have a lot going on but just learn to laugh a little.

Just as a note: I'm by far one of the most hated posters here. I've learned to embrace it. Although to be truthful I don't think anyone really hates you here BJ.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:You like to PM people. Honestly I don't care what you do or who you message, and why. Just thought it was worth pointing out since you do like to PM people. I know you have a lot going on but just learn to laugh a little.

Just as a note: I'm by far one of the most hated posters here. I've learned to embrace it. Although to be truthful I don't think anyone really hates you here BJ.
You are not even in the top 5. Although if you take those not banned.........you may be right up there
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Look jerk, he said that is how he wanted to be reached if you were interested in being interviewed. Its people like you that are making life not very enjoyable right now so back off.
Enough. I thought personal attacks weren't going to be tolerated anymore. Sly? El Scorcho? This dude needs a timeout. :lol:
Last edited by adam42381 on February 27th, 2013, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:You like to PM people. Honestly I don't care what you do or who you message, and why. Just thought it was worth pointing out since you do like to PM people. I know you have a lot going on but just learn to laugh a little.

Who can hate a guy whose weather forecasts are like 50% spot on? And you are the fantasy league guru. You are well loved my friend. But this is about bj, so enough about you. :D
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
For what it's worth I'm not offended by what BJ said. It's no big deal.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
About LU's shooting at the VMI game. :dontgetit
BJWilliams wrote:we cant hit a 3 if they put it two feet from the basket
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
2014: The BJ Stamp of Reaffirmation

Updated 2.25

Points are awarded for every time BJ agrees with something you said.
That's another point for you postie because I agree with you
Point for ThePostman
Sly's right...HMO comes through from time to time and he is head honcho over in the alumni office so maybe he could point you in the right direction (Hold My Own for the record)
Point for Sly Fox
I'm with you jinxy. I blame Toman for this loss along with all the rest of them to come.
Point for Jinxy
Those are fair questions to consider PH...Im sure those sorts of things will be asked with all of the candidates should the search be initiated come the conclusion of this season or whenever
Point for Purple Haize
I agree...Im sure PH could wax quite a bit on how many times they worked on late game situations with the Lady Pioneers
Point for BallCoach15
that was a good era it was...
Point for LynchburgWildcats
Postie is right...I know when he worked there and I worked there, there was a lot more rock and postie had his Independent Now show that did really well giving bands a platform for their music (some from Liberty, many from outside Liberty) and of course PDOGG and all the stuff that he did...the prog...
Point for Postman
Jon's right...we need to get these high RPI games to boost our resume.
Point for SuperJon
South Florida from the AAC is gonna give us an early boost in RPI. Richmond is an in state opponent and we certainly had our struggles in that area last year as well as an early boost in the RPI coming from the A10. That said, I agree with Jon...we gotta get these next two for sure
Point for SuperJon
I dont say this often but shuk I agree with you...that is why I think that our next coach hire is someone who is just as comfortable recruiting Lynchburg as they are recruiting Los Angeles, Concord as they are Chicago or Charlotte, Norfolk as they are New York City.
Point for LynchburgWildcats
As scribe also noted, he would not have had the same opportunity to make an impact here as he would have there with the way the team is constituted.
Point for ChrisLang
I would concur, although we really cant know what our team needs for 2016 are until at least spring 2015
Baiting us here. No points awarded
I was curious about that myself when I heard Jon
Point for SuperJon
Agreed LBL, all you have offered is platitudes and zero concrete information
Point for LynchburgLifer
agreed...Too many cooks in the special teams kitchen as it were...probably would have prevented a couple of things that led to our losses this year.
Point for SuperJon
Excellent get...as I said before after evaluating him, he would make a great weakside complement to Chima. Looking forward to seeing him in the red white and navy blue this fall
Point for BJWilliams
Agreed...and thats not just a Liberty thing...you can have coaches at any number of D1 schools who completely whiff on guys, even at the big schools (although it doesnt happen as often at those places).
Point for BuryYourDuke
I agree jinxy and that is what Jon and I were getting at.
Point for Jinxy
I really didnt hate what was said...a lot of people (myself included) probably would agree with some part of it if not the whole thing.
Point for VA Golf
We are still in the stage where it's not worth it for big names to come to our place. Another regional run could change that. Jon nailed it...we really don't have that much cachet where we can get home series against the big guns
Point for SuperJon
Agreed...Ive had a few discussions with him (as a former swimmer its nice to be able to talk with someone and they actually know the same terms you do) and he definitely is the man for the job. Would love to see the team rewarded with that new facility in the very near future
Point for Sly Fox
I liked him too...good luck to him for sure (even though I do wish he would come back to the mountain personally
Point for FlamesFilmGuy
PRecisely...he doesnt sound like somebody who would fit here if he calls it "some Liberty Christian school"
Point for Chippy
Agreed...to use a phrase oft mentioned by Colin Cowherd, this team is a "dumpster fire" They have 2 wins since December 1 and only one of them is against a D1 team and that is Longwood.
Point for Chippy
Agreed...oh and Ashley has topped her season total from last year with 14 games to go in the regular season.
Point for Purple Haize
I was thinking that as I was posting earlier...good catch PH.
Point for Purple Haize
That makes the most sense to me.
Point for JCManson
Agreed...Liberty has had success at the Dedmon Center of late, but Radford has really made some significant strides in a few seasons and Coach Jones really has this one on his calendar because he is "tired of losing to Liberty" (or something along those lines).
Point for JCManson
Agreed. Liberty really has been the Everest over the years (3 single digit losses in the last 9 meetings) for CCU though.
Point for Purple Haize

Almost two months into the year and SuperJon has established himself as the fronrunner, followed by Purple Haize. But let’s be honest here – there is so much intelligence on this board anyone can win….even BJWilliams himself.

Standings
5-SuperJon
4-Purple Haize
2-Chippy
2-JCManson
2-Sly Fox
2-LynchburgWildcats
2-Jinxy
2-ThePostman
1-BallCoach15
1-ChrisLang
1-LBurgLifer
1-BJWilliams
1-BuryYourDuke
1-VA Golf
1-FlamesFilmGuy

Last edited by Schfourteenteen on February 25th, 2014, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So I get points for people agreeing with me or me agreeing with other people?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:So I get points for people agreeing with me or me agreeing with other people?
When BJ specifically says that you are right, spot on, etc.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
fantastic.

and it makes me happy beyond belief that I have ZERO points.

I intend to make sure it stays that way.

someone put Carone on suicide watch
Last edited by PAmedic on February 24th, 2014, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I just take it as me being smarter than everyone else.

Because it's true.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My point deserves to go to jon. BJ hates me anyways. Haha
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it is safe to say he will never agree with you, even if he does he won't admit it.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think it is safe to say he will never agree with you, even if he does he won't admit it.
Fair :lol:
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]