If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It seems like FlameFans has been around forever, but it was just five years ago that we powered up our own board and migrated over from the Firehouse. Many of the original members are still some of our strongest posters today. But the community has grown over the years to be recognized as one of the top boards for an FCS school in the country. We take pride in creating an open environment where we can speak freely but remember who and what we represent.

As a way to commemorate our anniversary, I thought it would be fun to have everyone offer up their top 5 FlameFans highlights of the first five years of the board. After a few days I will compile the top 5 overall highlights and create a poll with links to each memory.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Obviously BJ's run for Presby Football Position needs to be high on this list...
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The whole Obama-loving chick has to be considered. The student Democrat club also. These are fairly recent, but that's about as far back as I can remember. I'm sure there's something involving El Scorcho, TallyW, or RTF that I'm forgetting, those were some good "discussions".

Also, the board switching formats. That was a pretty big deal. I still like the old black-and-red board better.
Last edited by ALUmnus on January 7th, 2011, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Oh, I do remember one thing from year 1, I think.

BJ's all-consuming need to be read and acknowledged. It's pretty much set the tone for our perennial poster of the year.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
5 years already? wow

I agree with the others posted, but what about the time when Doc passed. This place became somewhat of a "haven" for alum who otherwise wouldn't care about the board.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
That also brings up the loss of someone else: Fumbles.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
ok this has made me want to make a list of the most fun things that have happened on the board since i've been her:

In no particular order:
-Liberty couples thread: Sj's pics were hilarious.
-Best of lynchburg 08' i believe where all our favorite announcers came out of the woodwork.
-Bj for PC head coach
-Anything that was posted by libertine.
-The night mike brown killed flamefans.
-The Run to wal-mart thread that has lasted almost 2 years now?
there are more so feel free to add to the list.
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
1. All Liberty Couples thread, but the original was the best.
2. Sly Fox Encounters

still thinking about the next 3.

It's been a great 5 years. Go Flames.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Liberty Couples
BJ's Read and Acknowledged
Doc Memories
Fumble Memories
Idiot Liberty Students Wearing Other Colors

I'm sure there are others where I've started random fights just because I was bored.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Oh, I do remember one thing from year 1, I think.

BJ's all-consuming need to be read and acknowledged. It's pretty much set the tone for our perennial poster of the year.
post read and acknowledged my friend...

I really enjoyed the Liberty Couples saga, definitely the night the board imploded when we beat Ball State (and then driving to the Lynchburg Airport with a friend of mine to be part of the group that cheered for the team upon their return), the PC Head Coach thing (btw I think the resume needs to be pared down...you only want the pertinent stuff on any resume since you have about 30 seconds to make your impression on a potential employer), Definitely gotta put Dr Falwell's passing at the top of the list, and Fumble's passing (and the scholarship that was awarded the following year that spawned from some discussion on here...)
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Wow, 5 years!
Happy birthday, FlameFans.

- Liberty Couples was one of the highlights.
- Fumble. Miss that guy. Wouldn't have met him without FF.
- BJ for head coach.

Top-3, I think.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I looked up some stats on some of our more popular threads over the years:

33,496 views--Falwell Memorial
24,630 views--Curry Transfers
23,421 views--Liberty Couples
22,613 views--McKay to UVa
21,717 views--McKay hired by LU
12,564 views--McMasters signs
7,005 views--Fumble's death

(couldn't find the thread on BJ's almost hire as Presby's head football coach)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]