If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
With credit to KBM, how did you find flamefans? Was it through a friend, google, other webiste? And those that go back to the firehouse, how did you find out about that site?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure how I found the Firehouse...I think I heard about it from SJ
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Link on Wikipedia (over a Christmas break). :oops:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I stumbled across the Firehouse on a Google search back when it was basically stevev, smoothie, scar & myself for the longest time.

Wikipedia was our primary marketing until FlameFans started.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I found the firehouse when I first heard rumors that David Dees was transferring. I did a google search for liberty flames david dees and the firehouse turned up. Unfortunately, you guys over there confirmed the rumors. :(

I've been addicted ever since.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
I am pretty sure that jdub was the one who invited me here. I added him on facebook before I got to school and he was telling me about the football team, and referred me here.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
when i transferred in 2006 i was going to be living in the new dorms on east (now like 2 phases old) and on the myspace libertystudents group SJ had posted a link to pictures of the construction and they were on here. been on since
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Back before there was a board, some of us were on the ESPN Big South board, that was really the only place to go. Then the Firehouse came along and I was so glad to be rid of ESPN and all the wretards on there.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I am not sure how I found the Firehouse...I think I heard about it from SJ
I was a Coastal student when the Firehouse was still around. I'm fairly certain that you didn't hear about it from me.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:I was invited by a friend but actually I don't know what his name on here is...any of you dominate the corporate policy game (after we got yelled out, for trying to manipulate the market)?
Matshark...myself w/ Matshark's help...if you're talking about 690. Don't think I told anyone about the board though.

As for myself, I was here when the Firehouse was here. I found the link on the ESPN board shortly after winning the 2004 Big South tourney (I think). Or maybe it was in '05
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I found the firehouse when I first heard rumors that David Dees was transferring. I did a google search for liberty flames david dees and the firehouse turned up. Unfortunately, you guys over there confirmed the rumors. :(

I've been addicted ever since.
I did the same thing. Heard Dees was leaving and was trying to confirm somehow.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I started a facebook group bashing Seth Curry, and one of my friends said I should get on here. I never knew about it, but that guy is now responsible for an excessive loss of productivity for me.
does that guy post here?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoping our Chancellor will post here, too.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After years of frustration about the lack of information on anything beyond official press releases about what was happening in LU athletics (especially through the SID site), I found flamefans through a google search. I lurked for a couple of months and started posting when RD was let go.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]