If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
The elusive PeterParker told me about this place.

Hard to believe I first logged in 5 years ago this month. Man, I have wasted a lot of time on here!
By FigurinItOut
Registration Days Posts
Confession: I don't keep up with sports much. But as a faculty member, I really wanted to be able to support the Flames. In a conversation with Cider Jim and Flame Convert, I was amazed at how much they knew about the teams, players, etc., so I asked how I could become enlightened myself. They said, "Go to FlameFans.com, man. That'll edumicate ya." (Thus the username "FigurinItOut.")

I've been a lurker but came out of the shadows just to give credit to Cider and Convert for dragging me here. Now, back to the shadows.
Last edited by FigurinItOut on June 4th, 2011, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By FigurinItOut
Registration Days Posts
FigurinItOut wrote:Confession: I don't keep up with sports much. But as a faculty member, I really wanted to be able to support the Flames. In a conversation with Cider Jim and Flame Convert, I was amazed at how much they new about the teams, players, etc., so I asked how I could become enlightened myself. They said, "Go to FlameFans.com, man. That'll edumicate ya." (Thus the username "FigurinItOut.")

I've been a lurker but came out of the shadows just to give credit to Cider and Convert for dragging me here. Now, back to the shadows.

Oops! I meant, how much they "knew." :( (Points off for spelling.)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FigurinItOut wrote:That'll edumicate ya."
With all due respect, Figure, I don't think that was a direct quote. But welcome aboard. 8)
By FigurinItOut
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
FigurinItOut wrote:That'll edumicate ya."
With all due respect, Figure, I don't think that was a direct quote. But welcome aboard. 8)
A hillbilly paraphrase, Cider. We hears it like we understands it. (I'm ready for y'all to learn me all about Flames Nation.)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

The fall semester starts tomorrow (Aug 22). Have any freshmen or new faculty/staff have discovered this website? Or how about our Wolfpack friends?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens was telling me about a few transfers for the basketball team. He lead me to believe that he had some inside info for several months, until I realized it was this site. Thanks Dickens , hope your doing well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Google, looking for info on the NC State ~ LU game last year ..... Hey, am I the only one that gets those "Calgary Flames, Girl's Gone Wild" images every time you do a Google search for "Flames Fans"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I found out about flamesfan when a former recruit who lived with my parents called me and told me about this site. lol. RI, i have been visiting Cville once a month and Roanoke, so life is good. hope all is well
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I use this site when I talk LU sports, and I say.. " a friend told me". Thank you all for being my friends.

I trick people into thinking I have insider knowledge. In reality, the only thing I have is a computer and lots of fellow LU sports nerds on the other end.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]