If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Last night the website went down for a while, and this morning it's come back with a bunch of posts missing? To be specific, it was posts made last night after like 8 PM ish I guess. Did the board roll back thanks to a crash or something? Or is Sly censoring us? :P
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
actually, it looks like every post after like tuesday night. A whole day of work down the drain.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Crazy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I could tell something wasn't right yesterday. Had trouble logging on, and the site kept telling me I needed to register. Listen to us complaining while people are buried under buildings in Haiti. :oops:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Don't look at me. I'm not above the hated act of censorship but that is not what occurred here. This appears to be more technical in nature and I trust our man running the controls to take care of us the best possible.

Obviously the intermittent server errors are still around. We ask for patience.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Don't look at me. I'm not above the hated act of censorship but that is not what occurred here. This appears to be more technical in nature and I trust our man running the controls to take care of us the best possible.

Obviously the intermittent server errors are still around. We ask for patience.
I was just jokin' with ya. The rollback made sense to me, if there was some kind of issue with the servers, data tends to find a way to disappear. Just glad nothing critical has gone down, and hopefully it stays that way.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Sorry guys. If I could have posted about this sooner I would have.

The folks who host the server FlameFans lives on were doing some maintenance for me and something went wrong. They ended up having to restore several databases from the previous night's backup including the FlameFans database. So, everything rolled back a day.

Sorry about that, but hey... at least there was a backup. I think we have everything resolved now so please carry on per the usual.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I feel like I'm in an episode of Lost, and now my life is in a tailspin. I just lost an entire day of my life!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]