If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:any chance of the mobile site coming back? I mean, I can use this fine, but the lack of graphics and what not was just easier on a slower connection.
Yes. It will come back. It's just a lot of work. I actually had to remove it completely in order to do the upgrade because it required some manual modifications to the database to work. It was a "hack", if you will. I had to undo it. I'll need another free Saturday to get it put back in place probably, but it's coming.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCORCHO, there was a clamoring for this. I really think you oughta put it up there. At least for the weekend. Look, I'm pushing 40. This might be my last request. You never know.

By rueful
Registration Days Posts
I vote yes. Put it up at least until after the WVU game. We need to strike fear into any lurkers from their fanbase.

However, one suggestion would be that medic, you need add more color to it now. Use the paint bucket, its your friend.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
no freaking way, im so happy this is the banner
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Medic getting his 15 minutes of fame! I like it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
First of all, I have to say this is so very humbling. Just being among such wonderful people, in such a wonderful place. I'd like to thank the SCORCHO for recognizing my work, and for allowing me the creative license to develop and explore my passion. I'd like to thank SLY for providing me the forum to express my creativity. SJ, for that crappy couch you make me sleep on which hurts my back. And last but certainly not least, MARK- for starting it all. Thank you.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flamesbball84 wrote:i feel the level of fear and intimidation rising everytime i see the new banner!
that's what I was going for. I believe its the tat. Maybe the fangs.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
flamesbball84 wrote:i feel the level of fear and intimidation rising everytime i see the new banner!
that's what I was going for. I believe its the tat. Maybe the fangs.
yes, it has a cartman "respect my authority" (with the last syllable pronounced as an I for people unfamiliar with south park) feel to it!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:WOW!!! I was out of town, and I return to that interesting logo at the top. Medic, this is your finest work. But, what is it? haha
PAmedic wrote:
LUconn wrote:that looks like some horrible tumor-ridden fish.
how dare you. It's clearly a vicious eagle. Probably carnivorous. Like a raptor or something.
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
Nice job, Medic.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Is this it, Medic? Image
I think it's close, i don't see fangs, big bulging guns, or an LU tat for that matter
By Liberty4Life
Registration Days Posts
I like the old eagle (not the alligator-looking thing that we have up currently), and I like the new colors. I'll leave it at that.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Once thing I've noticed, the search function only searches through things that have been posted since the upgrade. So, it's kind of useless right now. Not really that big of a deal unless you want to find a really old thread.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
I hate to say this but I do hope we switch back to a more "professional" logo soon before a lot of other team's fans cone looking for the site. Sorry Medic.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:I hate to say this but I do hope we switch back to a more "professional" logo soon before a lot of other team's fans cone looking for the site. Sorry Medic.
you guys are truly nimrods.

the point was: we put something stupid up there to stimulate your collective creativity.

to date-> ZIP.

a lot of YAPPIN but no ideas.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im working on something but I just want to make sure that its something that not only looks good but wont get angry letters from the athletic department
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:I hate to say this but I do hope we switch back to a more "professional" logo soon before a lot of other team's fans cone looking for the site. Sorry Medic.
you guys are truly nimrods.

the point was: we put something stupid up there to stimulate your collective creativity.

to date-> ZIP.

a lot of YAPPIN but no ideas.

Hurray, I've elevated to Nimrod status.

Here's an idea: Let's have some flames flickering and a large fan rotating and blowing on them.

No seriously I like the Eagle theme, but I'd like to see a professional version of an actual vicious Eagle in a cartoon version. I'm not a big fan of the muscle bound popeye eagle.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]