If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty4Life
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:
PAmedic wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:I hate to say this but I do hope we switch back to a more "professional" logo soon before a lot of other team's fans cone looking for the site. Sorry Medic.
you guys are truly nimrods.

the point was: we put something stupid up there to stimulate your collective creativity.

to date-> ZIP.

a lot of YAPPIN but no ideas.

Hurray, I've elevated to Nimrod status.

Here's an idea: Let's have some flames flickering and a large fan rotating and blowing on them.

No seriously I like the Eagle theme, but I'd like to see a professional version of an actual vicious Eagle in a cartoon version. I'm not a big fan of the muscle bound popeye eagle.
I liked the eagle that we had for the relaunch...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:you guys are truly nimrods.

the point was: we put something stupid up there to stimulate your collective creativity.

to date-> ZIP.

:nod :nod :nod :nod
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
PAmedic wrote:you guys are truly nimrods.

to date-> ZIP.

:nod :nod :nod :nod
I think your ceiling of the Sistine chapel quality artwork should be a permanent fixture on the board.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
1. thanks SHUCKS ^^^ You may not know DI sports but you do know art.

2. I'm sure all you GENIUSES will have a comment about this idea, but how can we get the little icon thing to come up on the tab at the top of the window (next to "FlameFans")???

I see most other sites that I have open in other tabs have a little square icon thingy. Fire away.
By LCA&LU Mom
Registration Days Posts
by PAmedic » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am

2. I'm sure all you GENIUSES will have a comment about this idea, but how can we get the little icon thing to come up on the tab at the top of the window (next to "FlameFans")???

I see most other sites that I have open in other tabs have a little square icon thingy. Fire away.
google results on "little square icon thingy": it's called a "favicon" and it looks like a job for Scorcho.

And by the way, I love the carnivorous Eagle-Ator, I just think he needs more fangs.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
LCA&LU Mom wrote:
by PAmedic » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am

google results on "little square icon thingy": it's called a "favicon" and it looks like a job for Scorcho.

And by the way, I love the carnivorous Eagle-Ator, I just think he needs more fangs.
Every time I open FF, I laugh and "Trogdor" from Home Star Runner pops in my head. PS, he should breath fire.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
didn't know that was called a favicon. Those things are so hit or miss. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. Sometimes ones from other sites are there by mistake. Et cetera. But the one for the old flamefans favicon is still on my favorites tab. But I imagine it loading went away with the upgrade. It doesn't match anymore anyway.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I looked that one up the other day. It's some chinese search engine. I don't trust those chi-coms.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
We can certainly install a favicon...if someone will come up with a real banner/logo/graphic for the site.

Ahem. I know sooooomeone here can do this. Surely.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I get the feeling subtle isn't cutting it, Scorcho. So I'll just say it bluntly ...

We want YOU to create a logo for FlameFans!
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I get the feeling subtle isn't cutting it, Scorcho. So I'll just say it bluntly ...

All I know is mine wouldn't look much better than Medics.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I get the feeling subtle isn't cutting it, Scorcho. So I'll just say it bluntly ...

I think I may have something...I'll try and have it sent to Scorcho Monday
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Personally, I like the Eaglesaurus Rex.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:

exactly what are you implying?
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
flamerbob wrote:

exactly what are you implying?
That I have Zero artistic ability.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ok its not the greatest (and its not a velociraptor and an eagle after a candlelit dinner and soft music) but this is a basic little something I came up with, there are some tweaks that I still want to make to it but I wanted you guys to see that something is being worked on:

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:OK, here's my attempt. I thought I'd encorporate aspects of Tally's banner in the school colors.

hmm. I'm thinking "icecapades"

"flamers" indeed.

wow- it DOES feel great to criticize others' work 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Come on Medic, you were a fireman. You should know what color the hottest flames are. I tried it with red flames and blue letters and I just thought this looked better, and would contrast with the red on the top of the page. My first attempt at anything like this, and done with paint BTW. I certainly hope someone comes up with something better, but if Scorcho wants to use it til then, I won't be at all offended when it is replaced.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Come on Medic, you were a fireman. You should know what color the hottest flames are. I tried it with red flames and blue letters and I just thought this looked better, and would contrast with the red on the top of the page. My first attempt at anything like this, and done with paint BTW. I certainly hope someone comes up with something better, but if Scorcho wants to use it til then, I won't be at all offended when it is replaced.
no no, the glitter and fairy writing is nice :roll:

"We are stardust, we are golden..."
great, now I'll have THAT running through my head all day.

though I do give you extra points for working in MS Paint. That goes a long way.

:twisted:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Those are white hot sparks Medic. :roll: In retrospect, I'll concede the font is less than macho.
HAH

my carnivorous eagle-raptor eats your fairy sign.

I win.
Athens Regional

Ha ur gonna fit right in 😂

Election 2022 and 2024

My money's on Tim Scott. He and Trump in a landsli[…]

That’s overrated. As long as you look good i[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head coac[…]