If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I've stopped posting really b/c even after getting used to the other board I couldnt be as quick and quickly check out posts as I was on the old board. I really like Red Silver though and think I could get really quick with this. However I hope you make this the standard b/c 90% of the time for whatever reason I'll get logged off every hour which will mean I'll be on the board standard
By Liberty4Life
Registration Days Posts
Like he said, this is a work in progress. I really like the RedSilver look.

By the way, thank you El Scorcho, the hardest working moderator in Division I message boards. You're the best.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Liking the Red/Silver much better. Easier on the eyes, and like LUConn...I like having all the info (avatar/name) etc on the left/
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
like the optional format, and like the Font ColOUR bar to the right.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Medic likes bars. No surprise there. :mrgreen:
By dompennix
Registration Days Posts
The new format took me a while to get use to, but now I think I got it down. And if your wondering why Ive been posting in the mornings is because I'm in school but during the period I have right now I'm a teacher assistant and betwwen grading papers I'm on here 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCORCHO:

I'm using the newer skin, I have "popup box notify on new PM" checked in user pref's, but it's not working.

I don't want to miss the earth-shatteringly important info I'm secretly being sent, so please advise ASAP.

you should probably stop what you're doing and address this at once.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok. working now.

pop-up blocker on my browser was snagging the message.

on another, totally unrelated note:

why is the strike thru feature not working?

like this, for example
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I don't think strikethrough is supported in BBCode and we don't have HTML anymore for security reasons. So. I guess no strikethrough. I'll see if there are any options for getting it enabled.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
if it's anything more than checking a box, I don't know that it's worth it for you to try. I'm sure medic, who barely posts anymore anyway, can live without a strike through. Why would you want to do that as opposed to deleting something before you post it anyway?
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Hey look that.

Not much more than a checkbox. Besides, I can't say no to little people. They're just so cute.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
With the exception of SCORCHO, you're all a bunch of #$%^& wonderful people.

Thank you good sir.

I googled phpBB and it did have some downloadable app things to add that. It also had something to hide posts - a spoiler button or something. Thought that was odd.

Anyhoo- nicely done. Nothing good ever came outta Connecticut anyway.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Friend list:

LUconn

I could do this all day.

And since I'm home- I just might.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Scorcho...I do not want to make this sound like I am putting any pressure on you at all. I know how busy you are, and this site is way down your list, but I was just wondering if a mobile version of this site will be available similar to the old version? I probably used the mobile version more than I use it on my computer...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:Scorcho...I do not want to make this sound like I am putting any pressure on you at all. I know how busy you are, and this site is way down your list, but I was just wondering if a mobile version of this site will be available similar to the old version? I probably used the mobile version more than I use it on my computer...
I haven't had time lately, but I definitely plan to bring the mobile version back. I enjoyed it as well.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Scorcho! Great to hear...and thanks again!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I used the search function to find the eggnog thread. So that works now. Thanks for fixing it. That will make calling people out and making them looks stupid a lot easier.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]