If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
That doesnt fix everything though....I've seen this person quote someone and say nothing other then the quote...they've done this several times
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
You guys are mean. Just attack them personally, that solves everything.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
do we really need emoticons? is that a serious question? More like, why don't we have more emoticons?
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:do we really need emoticons? is that a serious question? More like, why don't we have more emoticons?
No but you know that as soon as we get rid of them people are just going to go to websites and just insert them as pics.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
LCA&LU Mom wrote:I would use it. Once. As for having this conversation "publicly" it's been held "privately" ad nauseam - to no avail . I've even tried the "gentle but direct" approach. Nada. I'm begging you for the IGNORE feature. My reasons are EXACTLY the same as olldflame mentioned earlier:
It's really annoying to log on and see the same username as the last poster on most of the forums, and you feel like you need to check to see if something has actually been said, but you know it's probably just a waste of time because it's just an emoticon or something silly.
The problem is, you would probably still SEE that the person has posted, just won't see the post. The post will still have "new content", but you just won't see the actual content. So it won't fix this problem, more than likely. Ignore doesn't mean "deleted off the face of the board." At least not on other boards I have seen.
By LCA&LU Mom
Registration Days Posts
Well, crap. I guess I'll just have to get over it or wait for them to grow up.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
:D :) :( :o :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :dontgetit :BS :football Play Hockey Crybaby :medic :furious :frustrated :banghead :blahblah :brownbag :bowdown :mrgreen: :twisted: :? 8) :roll: Play Basketball :nod :checkeredflag :cheerleader :boring Study :wink: :lol: :jawdropper :beatinghorse :flamethrower :flamingdevil :guntohead :clapping :dramaqueen :pbjtime :nono :offtopic :typing :violin :batman :boxing :brightidea :exactly :oldhag :denied :needspics :moppedthefloor :jail :gonefishin :fineprint :fbplayer :pale :pig :arrrrrrr :pressed :queen :rainy :speakhearsee :stretcher :popcorn :cartwheels :welcome :usa :urinal :twist :topicclosed :tailgate :vomit :star :timeout :buttkick :pray :talktohand :koolaid :rofl :doh :boohoo :dance :liar :fight :nonono :woohoo

:exactly :exactly

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

:topicclosed
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
LCA&LU Mom wrote:I would use it. Once. As for having this conversation "publicly" it's been held "privately" ad nauseam - to no avail . I've even tried the "gentle but direct" approach. Nada. I'm begging you for the IGNORE feature. My reasons are EXACTLY the same as olldflame mentioned earlier:
It's really annoying to log on and see the same username as the last poster on most of the forums, and you feel like you need to check to see if something has actually been said, but you know it's probably just a waste of time because it's just an emoticon or something silly.
The problem is, you would probably still SEE that the person has posted, just won't see the post. The post will still have "new content", but you just won't see the actual content. So it won't fix this problem, more than likely. Ignore doesn't mean "deleted off the face of the board." At least not on other boards I have seen.
From what I've seen you don't see the posts from your ignored person. But if somebody responds to it, you could be confused. Or if they quote it, obviously you'd see it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote: 1. Yes, ignoring users is possible. It requires not.....reading......their........posts........
ftfy

man luconn i can't believe i've never read this thread before...what a nancy...
Last edited by RubberMallet on May 4th, 2009, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
rueful wrote::D :) :( :o :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :dontgetit :BS :football Play Hockey Crybaby :medic :furious :frustrated :banghead :blahblah :brownbag :bowdown :mrgreen: :twisted: :? 8) :roll: Play Basketball :nod :checkeredflag :cheerleader :boring Study :wink: :lol: :jawdropper :beatinghorse :flamethrower :flamingdevil :guntohead :clapping :dramaqueen :pbjtime :nono :offtopic :typing :violin :batman :boxing :brightidea :exactly :oldhag :denied :needspics :moppedthefloor :jail :gonefishin :fineprint :fbplayer :pale :pig :arrrrrrr :pressed :queen :rainy :speakhearsee :stretcher :popcorn :cartwheels :welcome :usa :urinal :twist :topicclosed :tailgate :vomit :star :timeout :buttkick :pray :talktohand :koolaid :rofl :doh :boohoo :dance :liar :fight :nonono :woohoo

:woohoo
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
El Scorcho wrote: 1. Yes, ignoring users is possible. It requires not.....reading......their........posts........
ftfy

man luconn i can't believe i've never read this thread before...what a nancy...
I just started it yesterday and it has exploded. Apparently people have been repressing their feelings towards ignoring others.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
all i read was that you asked if it was possible, el scorcho said yes and i noticed more people posted but don't respect any of them enough to care about their opinions on the subject...

i basically got out of reading this:

- you want to ignore someone cuz you are a panzy
- el scorcho knew this would eventually be brought up and was finally like "here is how it would work"
- there was a nickel in my shoe.
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
LUconn wrote:do we really need emoticons? is that a serious question? More like, why don't we have more emoticons?
No but you know that as soon as we get rid of them people are just going to go to websites and just insert them as pics.
Exactly 8)
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
rueful wrote::D :) :( :o :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :dontgetit :BS :football Play Hockey Crybaby :medic :furious :frustrated :banghead :blahblah :brownbag :bowdown :mrgreen: :twisted: :? 8) :roll: Play Basketball :nod :checkeredflag :cheerleader :boring Study :wink: :lol: :jawdropper :beatinghorse :flamethrower :flamingdevil :guntohead :clapping :dramaqueen :pbjtime :nono :offtopic :typing :violin :batman :boxing :brightidea :exactly :oldhag :denied :needspics :moppedthefloor :jail :gonefishin :fineprint :fbplayer :pale :pig :arrrrrrr :pressed :queen :rainy :speakhearsee :stretcher :popcorn :cartwheels :welcome :usa :urinal :twist :topicclosed :tailgate :vomit :star :timeout :buttkick :pray :talktohand :koolaid :rofl :doh :boohoo :dance :liar :fight :nonono :woohoo

:woohoo
:clapping Wonderful! The :dramaqueen of emoticons likes it!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:all i read was that you asked if it was possible, el scorcho said yes and i noticed more people posted but don't respect any of them enough to care about their opinions on the subject...

i basically got out of reading this:

- you want to ignore someone cuz you are a panzy
- el scorcho knew this would eventually be brought up and was finally like "here is how it would work"
- there was a nickel in my shoe.
Pennies, Micah, pennies go in those shoes. Have your wife help you next time.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
seriously, I can understand some emoticons having purpose and being used here or there to convey some things.

but how the crap is this :pressed ever relevent in any post.
By AZjonz
Registration Days Posts
We need a "jump the shark" emoticon.
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
rueful wrote:seriously, I can understand some emoticons having purpose and being used here or there to convey some things.

I dunno....maybe when you are talking about ironing your pants or something? :D
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
rueful wrote:seriously, I can understand some emoticons having purpose and being used here or there to convey some things.

Take a look right here: http://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12717

The ironing one is used!
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
that was me that used it, and it has no meaning
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
How much time did you spend looking that one up?

Anyway, can we get some weather emoticons, to be used only in the "Run to Wal-Mart" thread???
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I think I've changed my mind on this, but it's for someone other than who's been talked about on here.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Ok, I think I've changed my mind on this, but it's for someone other than who's been talked about on here.
That's cool.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]