If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Well I suggested this in the Chapel section and Mrs FR and a number of others have expressed interest in making this happen so I thought Id start a topic in this section and we can come up with ideas for how to raise support.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For starters, as soon as something is in place, I will be contributing. I believe the local media outlets have been cooperative in getting the word out in the past with things of this sort. Hopefully Rooster/Knucklehead and possibly Chris can help facilitate something there, or at least let us know who to contact.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
DC will do his part...I'll make sure of it
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:DC will do his part...I'll make sure of it
Nice, HMO with controlling powers on DC
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I did not mean for that to sound rude...just that DC will do this if we ask him to...he'll find a way to get it out there
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
That would be extremely cool if this could happen!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
count me in
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I talked to libertymom (and got a PM from Mrs FR) and looks like this is definitely is going to happen. Hopefully we will know details in the next day or so.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Great BJ, I'm just waiting to hear the word.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Proud of you guys helping to get this rolling.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ALright guys Send contributions to:

Flamefans/Jeff Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund
c/o Liberty University
1971 University Blvd
Lynchburg, VA 24502

I'll talk to Mrs FR and libertymom about setting something up for online contributions as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If you send a check make it payable to Liberty and put Flamefans/Jeff Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund
in the memo line
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Why is FlameFans in the title?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:If you send a check make it payable to Liberty and put Flamefans/Jeff Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund
in the memo line
Too late. Mine is in the mail, made out to Flamefans/Jeff Taylor memorial fund. Do I need to send another check?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Why is FlameFans in the title?
Its the Jeff Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund but when I first conceived this idea I thought about how much of a part of FF he was
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
as an addendum I wanted this to be something from all of us because I know many of us knew FR both on and off the site and he was as much a part of our family and I thought that it would be cool for FF to be a part of this scholarship in memory of FR
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With the summer months upon us you think it would be good if some of us got together and knocked around some other ideas (in addition to the exhibition game between LU and LC) for ways to raise funds for this?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is just a crazy idea that popped into my head, but maybe we could start a tradition at tailgates in memory of fumble by getting a diagram of the original Nebraska fumblerooskie play and having guys line up and run it. A little corny maybe, but I think it could be a fun way to honor him.

BTW BJ, the check I mailed on May 1 finally cleared the bank today.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Or, Super could play it on the flat screen in the back of his Jeep and then we could drink a sweet tea toast to Fumble:

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I talked to Mrs FR Wednesday night and got a quick update on the scholarship.

Thanks to donations, around $4000 has been raised and Vance Pickard (head of the Athletic Training Program) wants to work to have this scholarship be self funding eventually. There is talk of doing all sorts of fundraising events (a golf tournament among them) and Mrs FR has also said she would very much like to see LU and LC play in a benefit baseball game.
http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0310/7 ... tml?ref=tw
Lynchburg, VA - Jeff Taylor, Sr. loved life and loved baseball. Ten months ago, an accident took his life.

This past weekend with a new season kicking in, his family and friends came together for a day of remembrance and celebration.

Jeff Taylor's father Lloyd Owen says if his son could have picked a place to die it would have been on a baseball field.
On Saturday those that knew Jeff and his love for baseball honored him on the same field on which he was killed. A plaque will be hung in the dugout, and before the game Saturday Jeff's father threw out two first pitches to his grandson- one from the mound and one from the exact spot his son threw his final pitch.
That pic of Fumble in the article is him wearing his Quiz Bowl shirt that we have since retired in his honor.
Just wanted you guys to know that they are dedicating the AT lab in Fumble's name and that will be April 30 (I believe...I need to talk to Dr Pickard about that). At that time theyll also be announcing the first Scholarship winner
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]