If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Do you guys honestly like rep points? Every board that uses them turns into a mess.
I agree!! The only other board I am a regular participant in (non sports related, and with about 20 times the traffic of ff and 50 times the membership) started them about a year ago. It has been a regular soap opera, with several long-time contributors leaving over real or perceived injustices. Not saying that would happen here; I just see a lot more risk than benefit. In fact, I really don't see the benefit. Someone who thinks this is a good idea please clue me in. What is the benefit??
oh, i can totally see that happening here....and it would so funny!!!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
how have I missed this thread?

The scout boards used a star system for a while and you carried your average around of 1 to 5 stars. It created what were known as "star stalkers" where someone would just follow a poster and give them 1 star every time. It was entertaining at times but also annoying. So my opinion is I don't care. But we do need a new round of emoticons. You can never get enough emoticons.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:how have I missed this thread?

The scout boards used a star system for a while and you carried your average around of 1 to 5 stars. It created what were known as "star stalkers" where someone would just follow a poster and give them 1 star every time. It was entertaining at times but also annoying. So my opinion is I don't care. But we do need a new round of emoticons. You can never get enough emoticons.
+1
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:how have I missed this thread?

:star :star
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
I say we call ours "Street Cred"

We just need to come up with names for five different levels.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
blwall1416 wrote: We just need to come up with names for five different levels.
The lowest level of which we can call "Nerds Who Insisted on a Message Board Ranking System".
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
The lowest level of which we can call "Nerds Who Insisted on a Message Board Ranking System".
with the pinnacle being ......BJ Williams?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
hahaha It would take 7 years for that to happen:)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Rocketfan wrote:
RagingTireFire wrote:
with the pinnacle being ......BJ Williams?
haha YES!! now we HAVE to do this thing...too good of an idea to pass up...haha
NMSU

Just by looking into some highlights. The two fo[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Liberty will play winner of New Mexico State-Jacks[…]

LSU

Liberty 3 LSU 1, final. Escobar complete game win.[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It certainly feels ridiculous to see some of these[…]