If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Any way to incorporate these to our board? We've been talking about them a lot lately and it would be cool to have them. Plus it would help us read AND acknowledge posts. :)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
what are they?
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
It's a little button on each post that you press to give it "Positive" or "Negative" reputation. There is a indicator or points system under your name on your posts that shows where you are at in therms of total reputation on your posts.

It's the system they use on AGS. With the little green boxes under the avatars (or red box, in alexale's case.)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I never paid attention to it. I don’t think that would work here.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
The concept has been brought up a lot lately. Just repeating it in it's own thread for some discussion.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I give you negative rep points for suggesting the idea.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:I give you negative rep points for suggesting the idea.
+1 for RTF.

-1 for TTL.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
For the record I requested this a month after the board opened...

But you guys forget about the pillars of this community :lol:

-1 rep point to HMO
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:For the record I requested this a month after the board opened...

-1 rep point to HMO
+1 to HMO.

-1 to everyone else.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I'm not adding any new features to FlameFans right now because I'm working on an upgrade to the new version of the software we run. It may even be a feature of the new software. I'm not sure. If it's not, maybe we can talk about adding it after the upgrade.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:I'm not adding any new features to FlameFans right now because I'm working on an upgrade to the new version of the software we run. It may even be a feature of the new software. I'm not sure. If it's not, maybe we can talk about adding it after the upgrade.
Fair enough Scorcho. I didn't expect it, it's just something that has been tossed around in conversation lately.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:I'm not adding any new features to FlameFans right now because I'm working on an upgrade to the new version of the software we run. It may even be a feature of the new software. I'm not sure. If it's not, maybe we can talk about adding it after the upgrade.
what he won't tell you is that the upgrade enables my face to pop up with every post made.

Its stunning, really.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
what he won't tell you is that the upgrade enables my face to pop up with every post made.

Its stunning, really.
+ 1
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:

Its stunning, really.
my only regret is that I can't post the hurl emoticon from the mobile site
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:For the record I requested this a month after the board opened...

-1 rep point to HMO
+1 to HMO.

-1 to everyone else.

Thank you brother, these things better count when Schorcy finally adds the feature
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Do you guys honestly like rep points? Every board that uses them turns into a mess.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Do you guys honestly like rep points? Every board that uses them turns into a mess.
If it ain't broke...don't fix it. I think FF is fine the way it is.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Do you guys honestly like rep points? Every board that uses them turns into a mess.

Honestly no...I think about some of the competition's that ensue from post counts...I could only imagine rep points
Last edited by Hold My Own on December 12th, 2008, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think rep points are pointless. They turn into a popularity contest.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Make up your mind, ladies.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Nay. Creating another Mr. C would border on domestic terrorism.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I think rep points are pointless.
Hummm. Ponder that one for a minute or two.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:Nay. Creating another Mr. C would border on domestic terrorism.
:clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I agree!! The only other board I am a regular participant in (non sports related, and with about 20 times the traffic of ff and 50 times the membership) started them about a year ago. It has been a regular soap opera, with several long-time contributors leaving over real or perceived injustices. Not saying that would happen here; I just see a lot more risk than benefit. In fact, I really don't see the benefit. Someone who thinks this is a good idea please clue me in. What is the benefit??
Athens Regional

Over breakfast at Hardees with the Old Men's Club […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]