If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
That is pretty amazing how close they really are from month to month (Granted it is only a 2 month span). Just goes to show...us people with no life, continue to have no life consistently! :lol:
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
You can be sure I'll update this tomorrow with the stats from today. Hopefully before my blackout period begins.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Hopefully before my blackout period begins.

Haha would that be considered work or when the servers shut us down again!
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Haha would that be considered work or when the servers shut us down again!
Hopefully only the former since it's the beginning of the month. I bet this McKay business doesn't generate half the traffic that Curry did. At least, not for a single day. The new coaching search may keep traffic a little higher than normal for a bit.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
updates?
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Alexa has us as the #715,097 site on the web over the past seven days, which is up over our three month average of 1,125,743.

We're in the top million!
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts

Curry in green. McKay in Blue.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Good Stuff Scorcho!
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
Man I remember a few months ago when that guy left and this place went nuts and shut down. Anyways, any sort of hoopla planned for when we finally reach 1000 members
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
probably clearing out the stagnant ones.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We do a fairly good job of maintaning the membership roles.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
how long does one have to be inactive to be deleted? Does the total members number at the bottomr reflect total members all together including the ones deleted or not? Cuz honestly it seems like no more than 50 people post on here
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Those are the ones we keep active because thye have shown at least an attempt to make legitimate posts. We have some folks register and post and then disappear for years before returning.
By dompennix
Registration Days Posts
rueful wrote:how long does one have to be inactive to be deleted? Does the total members number at the bottomr reflect total members all together including the ones deleted or not? Cuz honestly it seems like no more than 50 people post on here
I think about 50 seem to be constant posters, some people seem to post only a few times a month. Others probably just got bored and left. I'm guessing the total number of users are one with active/undeleted accounts
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Once fall hits and sports ramp up, you guys will see more action going on.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
This place seems to have really taken a traffic hit over the past year. Any numbers you can throw up on here for us. Just for curiosity sake. If it's a pain to do, don't bother.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts

Click image to embiggen.

The graph shows the first quarter of last year, versus the first quarter of this year. The green line is last year. The blue line is this year. Cromulent stats are, obviously, at the bottom.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I guess Fumble's death really hurt our traffic numbers. I miss the old guy, and he was usually good for at least 8 or 9 posts a day.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Last year there was a lot of excitement around basketball, and then traffic really spiked with the departures of Curry and McKay and the coaching search. This year so far the high water mark came when we were stressing out about the possibility of Rocco leaving.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I miss Fumble too. Losing an active member would hurt the post count more than it would traffic. I would guess a lot of our traffic comes from people who don't post very much at all. If you look on the bottom of the board index page where it says the most ever on line at one time, it was Jan. 20 this year, which was in the middle of the Rocco may be leaving frenzy. Before that it was McKay leaving and before that it was the day after we got snubbed by the FCS selection comittee. I believe the internet term is "buzz". We haven't had quite as much of it lately.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
What surprises me is that new visits is actually up. I thought that's what one of the board's problems was.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Controversy stokes the fires and we have been relatively controversy-free lately (with the obvious exception of the Mayoral taping).
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]