If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Wow, almost 7900 unique visitors over 15 days

How is it that we average over 1k views every day and we only have like 15 people posting?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Wow, almost 7900 unique visitors over 15 days

How is it that we average over 1k views every day and we only have like 15 people posting?
What we say is THAT important. They just have to read it and since we're so brilliant they have nothing to add
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:How is it that we average over 1k views every day and we only have like 15 people posting?
We do have a lot of lurkers, but not that many. I'm not sure. I'd have to dig into the stats a bit deeper to put that together. No time right now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I agree with Manson - we, the 1%ers, are pure genius(es)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yeh, Schorch...I'd be interested to take in account today or even the next few days b/c it seems to have gathered some steam.

Also, how does this match up to the #1 traffic point mentioned on the main page? I hope we had analytics on at that point...I'd be very interested to hear this.

11 minutes per visit is insane. I understand it's a message board so the standard stats dont apply but seriously 10 pages per visit and 11 minutes? That's really high...even for a message board I bet
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Image

Curry in green. McKay in Blue.

What was the breakdown of this?

What's sick is we got as many views these last 2 weeks as we did in all of 2008!
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Also, how does this match up to the #1 traffic point mentioned on the main page? I hope we had analytics on at that point...I'd be very interested to hear this.
Answer: While we may have had more visitors online that day than any other day, there's far more traffic now.

http://goo.gl/Rkrvi
Hold My Own wrote:11 minutes per visit is insane. I understand it's a message board so the standard stats dont apply but seriously 10 pages per visit and 11 minutes? That's really high...even for a message board I bet
I think some of this can be attributed to some people's long winded replies on here. They pull up the reply window and start typing their manifesto, but the boss walks by and they have to hide FlameFans behind their "2012 LU Alumni Breakdown" spreadsheet for a few minutes.

Just kidding! I know no one is viewing this site during "business hours". Especially not at LU.

If you're curious, here's some more detailed numbers on that for the last two weeks (including yesterday):

http://goo.gl/97RKD
Hold My Own wrote:
El Scorcho wrote:Image

Curry in green. McKay in Blue.
What was the breakdown of this?
I'm going to need you to clarify "breakdown". What do you want to know, exactly? Sorry. Not trying to be a jerk. Just not following, which is totally my fault I'm sure. I've been sick all week, which is why I'm up posting on FlameFans at unholy hours.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
That's interesting. Florida seems to like us.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:One more, just for you HMO. This time in spreadsheet format (for Excel)...

The Top 50 U.S. Cities Visiting FlameFans.com in 2011: http://goo.gl/7VvKJ

I've been trying to get this info but for Top 50 alumni cities from BIO for a month now...you whip it out in a few minutes....can you help them out? :D

So that 2010 Jan breakdown was the highest point to this point?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:I think some of this can be attributed to some people's long winded replies on here. They pull up the reply window and start typing their manifesto, but the boss walks by and they have to hide FlameFans behind their "2012 LU Alumni Breakdown" spreadsheet for a few minutes.
Ha! I'm still waiting on that 2012 Alumni breakdown to hide FF behind!!!! This place is like crack though, I didnt log in one time for a 2 month period or so....then a few weeks ago I fell off the wagon (or is it get on the wagon? Seinfeld anyone?).

90% of the people on here are alumni...so I'm just keeping up with my people!

(and I'm off until Jan 3rd :D )
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]