Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here is a story from The Final Sprint that is full of great info and includes a video interview at the end ...
Sam Chelanga Ready To Compete For Liberty Flames

Posted August 5th, 2008 at 9:00 AM by Cheryl Lowe

Sam Chelanga can easily be described in two words: light and fast. Chelanga, a native of Nairobi, Kenya, is bound to run extremely well as he competes as a sophomore for the Liberty Flames cross country and track teams starting this fall.

Some might say that Chelanga is the epitome of the next level of distance runner, and one that has loads of untapped potential in the near future. He has had recent success in both the 5,000 and 10,000-meter distances on the track, clocking personal records of 13:24.73 and 28:15.99 respectively.
Click Here for Full Story & Video Link
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Greg Jimmerson, the Assistant Coach for the track team at the time, could see potential in Chelanga. “I’m excited to see what Sam’s got in store in the future. He’s a talented kid,” said Jimmerson. “I’m confident that he’ll continue to run well.”

Even though Jimmerson will not be coaching at Liberty University this fall, Chelanga thought that he had an immediate impact as a coach and good person. “He’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever met,” stated Chelanga. “He knew that [competition] was about more than just running.”
Jimmer's gone? Huh? Did I miss something?
That's not good.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]