Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So I was on the athletics website and went to check the cross country page (to see when the first race of the post-Josh McDougal era would be and look what I found:

09/05 - TBA @ Virginia Tech Short Course Relays
09/20 - 9:00 AM Liberty Big South Preview in Lynchburg
09/27 - TBA @ Southeast Regional Preview in Clemmons, N.C.
09/03 - 1:00 PM @ Paul Short Invitational in Bethlehem, Pa.
09/18 - 11:00 AM @ Pre-Nationals in Terre Haute, Ind.
11/01 - TBA Big South Cross Country Championships in Lynchburg
11/15 - TBA @ NCAA Southeast Regional Championships in Clemmons, N.C.
11/24 - 12:05 PM @ NCAA National Cross Country Championships in Terre Haute, Ind.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I would suspect we are putting those trails over on East to good use.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It does say Lynchburg and not Forest. So I am anxious to find out the course.

It is too bad the Big South meet isn't the week before when we would have a big crowd in for homecoming.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Indeed...I do hope that a good crowd is in town for the meet (is there a home football game the day of the Big South Championships as well?)
Last edited by BJWilliams on June 21st, 2008, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
The high school I spent my senior season at actually ran an alumni race that started at the beginning of half-time of the homecoming football game and was a short enough course that the Cross-Country alumni could finish it well within the 25 minute half-time (extended for special Homecoming game.) The race had about 20 or so participants and was started at the 50 yard line with introductions of each competitor over the PA and proceeded on a course that went out from the stadium and circled back to finish the race along the Home sideline. We were surprised that people were pretty amped.

(The timing was purposely set so that the first runner would finish a few minutes after the band played and the slowest/most out of shape participant (oldest :oops: just kidding) would finish before the game resumed. The fallback plan was to reroute any one who didn't finish within the time window to behind the bleachers to not distract from the game (which ended up not being necessary.)

With video highlights, that could be a unique way for the CC alumni to get some recognition and actually have a "game" at homecoming like the other sports (i.e. alumni basketball game, alumni hockey game, et al.) The one alumni race I was a part of had a thrilling finish by two former all-state runners and the crowd actually was into it (which was surprising to us since the average person doesn't usually get amped over CC races.)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Shouldn't this thread be in the T&F forum??
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just realized that...any of the mods wanna make that move happen?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Done
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker wrote: that could be a unique way for the CC alumni to get some recognition and actually have a "game" at homecoming like the other sports
Uh, oh. I better put away the pork rinds and get into some shape if this is going to happen!

I would really like to know where exactly the Big South race is going to happen. Anyone in the know who can break silence for a post or two, let us know!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]