Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Josh's career at Liberty comes to an end.
Senior 14-time All-American Josh McDougal (Peru, N.Y.) qualified for this evening’s men’s 5,000-meter final. However, he scratched from the race, ending his brilliant collegiate running career. McDougal, who has battled a right leg injury all season, will now attempt to recuperate and prepare for the U.S. Olympic Trials.
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 0&TeamID=3

Thanks for all you did for Liberty these past four years. I'm sure you will do more after graduation for the school than you ever did while wearing an LU singlet. We are all pulling for a speedy recovery and an amazing race at the Trials.

God bless you, Josh!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No kidding. His impact on the school will last for years to come.

Incidentally, with the conclusion of his collegiate career Josh is now free to return to posting on here to describe where he is at in his preparations for the Olympic Trials.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
He's also free to sign that nice contract with a shoe company and stop running for free! Congrats on that one! :pbjtime

Seriously though, I would love to hear from Josh on his OT training and beyond. I can't wait to see what happens in his marathon debut.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
what's the status of his injury? Sad that it impacted the end of his collegiate career as substantially as it did.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Is Josh competing in the Olympic trials?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He did not because he still was not totally recovered from the leg issue that plagued him and limited his running after XC season
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of which, do you guys remember the picture of Josh winning the national championship? You know that kid behind him in the Oregon outfit? Yeah, well, he got second in the OT 10,000 meters last night and is on his way to Beijing. Shoot. I really wish Josh hand't been injured. I'm sure he is pretty disappointed as well. Ah, London has much better air quality anyway. Go get 'em in 2012, Josh!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Our other distance alum Josh is covering the Trials online and doing a great job.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]