Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Josh McDougal: “Running Is What I do, Not Who I Am”
Liberty University senior Josh McDougal is confident as he prepares for this summer’s U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials. This past fall, McDougal became the 2007 NCAA Division I cross country national champion after he out-kicked Oregon’s Galen Rupp by one second. He was unsatisfied with his performances in the 5000 (5th place) and 3000 (6th place) at the 2008 NCAA Division I Indoor meet March 14-15, but remains optimistic as he builds his base for the trials.
http://www.eightlane.com/framepage.php?id=11173

Pretty good interview. Looks like Josh is pretty serious about his chances at the Olympic Trials and his plans for the marathon when he graduates.

Just for fun, you can read what all of the runner nerds are saying at http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... ad=2444057
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the links. That was a great story and shows how much Josh has matured in the past year.

As for the comments from the geeks, at least they aren't ripping his faith or coaching anymore.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's tough to be critical after all he's contributed to LU Track and CC over his remarkable 4 year career, but does it not seem strange to anyone that Josh is competing in a 5000m race on the West coast rather than in the BSC championships? I feel like we can win it without him, and I guess Tolsma does too, but I sure hope they are right! If we come up short and the points he could have won just taking it easy and running at training pace cost us, there will be some second guessing for sure. As an outsider, it just doesn't look quite right. I assume the reason is that he and Jimmerson feel he needs a 5000 against tougher competition as he prepares for the Olympic trials.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Uh, we could win the Big South title without any points from the distance crew. And I say that knowing we will probably roll up a ton of points from those guys.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Oh, I think we will win fairly easily too, although coach Tolsma came out with some Lou Holtz style "coachspeak" saying he thought Coastal would give us a real challenge this year. Sure says a lot for our program that we can be heavily favored without the greatest track athlete by far in the history of the conference competing!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Worry not. This one's in the bag. Besides, Josh is trying for something much bigger than a BS Championship. The guys will domintate as always. The women will be tested, but I think they have a good shot of coming out on top.

Three things in this world are sure: Death, Taxes, and the LU men winning the Big South T&F championship.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Some of the running folks on that board are more testy than the people who populate the sports journalists board I visit. That's hard to do. Makes for a good laugh, anyway.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
For a running nerd like myself, that was an absolutely amazing article! Thanks for sharing!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I knew plenty about his insane workouts at LU, but I had no idea of how intense the pain was post-injury.

Great investment of time to read the lengthy interview regardless of whether you run or not (and I don't).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]