Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Woah. How did I miss that one?!? With the returning distance guys and the young field and multi-eventers on the roster, LU looks to continue its rise on the national scene. Exciting times for the 5 or 6 of us that follow the team closely...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
[quote=""R" i ""]John Talbert - Best High School Thrower in the country. Number One in Discuss and Number 3 in Hammer.

This Guy has signed his LOI to be a Falme, Thanks Henderson![/quote]

That is a HUGE recruiting get! We are losing a ton of points we have been getting from Hart and Henderson. :woohoo
By "R" i "
Registration Days Posts
Another guy has signed. He is like second or third in the country in the JAV.
By Lit Crit
Registration Days Posts
[quote=""R" i ""]Another guy has signed. He is like second or third in the country in the JAV.[/quote]
Actually, he is quite interested, but he hasn't signed with anyone yet.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The new guys are making an immediate impact at Penn Relays ...
Samuel Chelanga won the Olympic development 5000m in 13:51.40 and was the only man to break 14 minutes in that section; Toni Wiszowaty of Plattsburgh won the women’s 10,000m in 33:57.46, the only sub-34:00 performance of the evening; Evans Kigen of Liberty University won the men’s 10,000m in 29:16.12
Click Here for Full Story
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
It's too bad Evans is from Kenya, otherwise, I would offer to be his campaign manager.

Kigen for President!

This kid can run!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Not trying to be all Chicken Little here, but what's going on with Josh? He was originally scheduled to run at Stanford on Sunday night in the big daddy 10k, but instead he runs a 31:00 in the Liberty Twilight Qualifier this week. I didn't see his name on the entry list for Sunday. I know his leg was bothering him after Mt. SAC. I hope it's nothing serious. He's got 1 month until Nationals and 2 until the Olympic Trials.

Take care of yourself, Josh! We're all pulling for you.
By Lit Crit
Registration Days Posts
Sam Chelanga ran what would be the third fastest time in D1 for the 10k if he was competing for Liberty this year. He ran a faster time than Josh has ever run in the 10k and he won his heat by 10 seconds. It's going to be scary to see what he can do when he gets some good competition.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
IC4A Update:
Josh drops out of the 10k. No Bueno.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He is auto qualified for NCAAs so it makes sense to not push things. Hopefully he is improving.

Hang in there, Josh.
By Lit Crit
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He is auto qualified for NCAAs so it makes sense to not push things. Hopefully he is improving.

Hang in there, Josh.
I'm pretty sure his only time in the 10k this year is 31+, so he didn't qualify in the 10. He did provisionally qualify in the 5k, which will definitely get him in pending a 12th place or better finish at regionals.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
congrats to daniel newell who graduated from my high school for winning the IC4A decathalon. he also won the big south title.
By Lit Crit
Registration Days Posts
Big day for LU track today- Regionals saw Jon Hart- 3rd in Hammer, Clendon Henderson- 2nd in Discus, and Evans Kigen 2nd in Steeple. All three guys qualified for Nationals. Clarence Murray also had a huge triple jump going 15.77m but finishing 9th. If he had jumped that in the West Region, he would have finished 4th. He still has a shot at an at-large bid, but not a really strong chance. Also, Sam Chelanga ran 13:24 at Reebok Grand Prix, which would be the 2nd best time in D1 this year. He is looking like he will be a national champion at least once for Liberty.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
No one has really said anything about our track and field performances the past week or two, but we do have 4 competing June 11-13 in the National Championships. A couple of them have a decent shot at winning too.
By "R" i "
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:congrats to daniel newell who graduated from my high school for winning the IC4A decathalon. he also won the big south title.
Congrats Daniel..........

original walk on, that has trained as hard as anyone on the team, now is a conistant scorer not only at conference but at the regional level.

I hope to see him at nationals next summer.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Clendon! Evans also had a great showing in the steeple, finishing 10th in PR fashion.
Senior Clendon Henderson finished third in the men’s discus final and sophomore Evans Kigen broke a pair of 3,000-meter steeplechase records, highlighting Liberty’s efforts Friday evening at the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track & Field Championships, contested at Drake Stadium in Des Moines, Iowa.

On the strength of Henderson’s (Meadow, Texas) third-place finish, the senior earned his first career All-America honor and became Liberty’s first-ever All-American in a throwing event. His top mark, 192-7, came on the Texan’s fourth effort. He had thrown 191-5 on his previous attempt, momentarily claiming the lead heading into the finals.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 9&TeamID=3
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]