Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He will compete in the finals of the 60 MTR hurdles at the NCAA indoor T&F championships today at 6:10 PM. His prelim time of 7.64 was 2nd fastest and 3rd fastest in the NCAA this year (and probably needless to say a school and conference record). The Jamaica native is just a Sophomore. This is the first noise we have made nationally since Sammy was winning championships. Go Jovaine!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jovaine finished 4th, behind runners from Florida, Nebraska and Cal. The 5 points he scored placed Liberty in a tie for 36th in the team competition with Ohio State, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Akron.

BTW, the Hokies are just one point behind first place Georgia.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I am jazzed that we have a sprinter of this caliber on campus. I wonder if he trains with the luminaries back home on the island that is sprinter mecca.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I am jazzed that we have a sprinter of this caliber on campus. I wonder if he trains with the luminaries back home on the island that is sprinter mecca.
I don't really know, but for whatever reason Jamaica has not excelled in the hurdles to anything resembling what they have done in the sprints, which could leave the door open for him to be an Olympian. His indoor time is 3rd fastest among Jamaicans this year, but he would have to replicate that outdoors at 110m. Jovaine also broke the Liberty record in the 60 meter Sprint this season, but his focus is definitely on hurdles.
By Class of 20Something
I have a real appreciation for greatness. I may hate the Patriots, but I can't root against Brady. Same with watching Tiger on Sunday, I can't help but hold my breath when greatness is competing. Anytime I can say a Liberty athlete is one of the greatest at their event, you bet I am going to be rooting for them. I am excited to see him jump onto the national stage.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]