Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sam is an alternate in the 10k. And with the way athletes are backing out left & right fromt he Game sover the Zika virus scare, I wouldn't consider it a lock for him to be out.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While Sam finished 6th in the 10k, 2 of the runners who finished ahead of him have not met the Olympic standard, which means he actually is next in line if one of the top 3 cannot compete for some reason

As far as Zika is concerned, it's not actually a huge deal for a healthy adult Living here in the DR, I know several people who have had it, and I had a bout with chikungunya, a similar mosquito born disease a couple of years ago The thing that is different about and makes it scarier than chikungunya or dengue fever is the horrible birth defects it can cause if a pregnant woman is infected, and it can even be transmitted sexually from father to baby
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:While Sam finished 6th in the 10k, 2 of the runners who finished ahead of him have not met the Olympic standard, which means he actually is next in line if one of the top 3 cannot compete for some reason

As far as Zika is concerned, it's not actually a huge deal for a healthy adult Living here in the DR, I know several people who have had it, and I had a bout with chikungunya, a similar mosquito born disease a couple of years ago The thing that is different about and makes it scarier than chikungunya or dengue fever is the horrible birth defects it can cause if a pregnant woman is infected, and it can even be transmitted sexually from father to baby
Precisely why a number of golfers pulled out of the Olympics in the last couple weeks...many of them want to start or grow families and the risk is apparently too great to that end
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:While Sam finished 6th in the 10k, 2 of the runners who finished ahead of him have not met the Olympic standard, which means he actually is next in line if one of the top 3 cannot compete for some reason

Zika is a legitimate concern considering the Olympic Village is a giant sex fest. Healthy young adults tend to want to mate. And often.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Zika is a legitimate concern considering the Olympic Village is a giant sex fest. Healthy young adults tend to want to mate. And often.
While I know very well how stuff can happen anyway, I suspect female Olympic athletes may be as careful as any group you can think of in terms of birth control A bun in the oven at the wrong time and a lifetime of training could go down the drain Take pregnancy out of the equation and Zika is like the worst flu you ever had on steriods, with joint pain that can make every step or move an ordeal No fun at all but less likely to kill you than a lot of other things you can catch
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]