Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
anybody know what this is about? Have something to do with prep for the new baseball complex?
libertyflames.com wrote:Due to unforeseen challenges resulting from renovations at the Matthes-Hopkins Track Complex, the 2012 Liberty Twilight Qualifier outdoor track & field meet has been cancelled. The annual one-day meet had been scheduled for May 3.
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 17&TeamID=
the track is being re-surfaced/widened , quite a undertaking, and it has to be done by the time soccer comes back late in the summer, so construction is beginning in the next week or so. Much of the teams workouts/practices will be taking place across town at Randolph college.

- Steve
I thought it had been said the track life was over and instead of resurfacing they were going to build a new facility for track. They were then going to actually going to make Osborn a soccer only facility moving the field closer to the stands. This would create a new building pad once they moved some dirt and they did not know what they could put there. Is my memory that bad!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:I thought it had been said the track life was over and instead of resurfacing they were going to build a new facility for track. They were then going to actually going to make Osborn a soccer only facility moving the field closer to the stands. This would create a new building pad once they moved some dirt and they did not know what they could put there. Is my memory that bad!
I believe you are correct. now that you say it, that seems to be almost exactly how I remember it ...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
steve hoffman wrote:the track is being re-surfaced/widened , quite a undertaking, and it has to be done by the time soccer comes back late in the summer, so construction is beginning in the next week or so. Much of the teams workouts/practices will be taking place across town at Randolph college.

- Steve
PS: thx for the info.

hard to believe that we have to ship the teams to ANOTHER SCHOOL when the GAME field isnt available.

we have NO other facilities on the entire mountain on which DI programs could practice??? you gotta be kidding me.

last count there were 145 intramural and several indoor fields. Roughly.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Um, I took it to mean that the track team would be practicing at RC.
in retrospect- i'm sure you're right- thx
I figure youre being sarcastic but I have been over to RC to cover soccer for the News and Advance and its not a bad looking place. a tad out of the way but not bad
BJWilliams wrote:I figure youre being sarcastic but I have been over to RC to cover soccer for the News and Advance and its not a bad looking place. a tad out of the way but not bad
Not being sarcastic at all. That facility might be smaller than LU's or LC's, but not by much. Creatively designed venue, very nice track, and the newest facility in the region.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]