Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LibertyFlames.com wrote:Upon returning from his honeymoon, former Liberty cross country/track & field standout Sam Chelanga will join his first professional track & field club. Chelanga will train with and compete for Nike-sponsored Oregon Track Club (OTC) Elite, based in Eugene, Ore.
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=7964
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This is HUGE!

I mean, you really have no idea what a big deal this is unless you really follow track.

Huge congrats to Sam!
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:This is HUGE!

I mean, you really have no idea what a big deal this is unless you really follow track.

Huge congrats to Sam!
Can you explain this? I sincerely have no idea.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Eugene, Oregon is basically the Mecca for track and distance runners in particular. The OTC pumps out Olympic athletes faster than Asian sweatshops can produce Nike shoes (which, by the way, was founded by Bill Bowerman, who was the track coach at Oregon). Sam will be training with some of the best runners in the world on one of the most famous track & field facilities on the planet. Oh, and Sam is trying to gain US citizenship by next summer so he can compete in the Olympic Trials...which will be held on the afore mentioned track.

Did that help? :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Clarification ... Eugene is distance running's Mecca. Sprinters still tend to prefer Texas.

What's funny is that Sam & Rupp go from rivals to training partners.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
:roll: :D

I was talking about track competitions, but you are correct. Distance runners are the ones who prefer Eugene.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]