Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Another win for the second most dominant program on the mountain (behind women's basketball)
Liberty fared quite well at Saturday morning's Big South Cross Country Championships at Coastal Carolina's Quail Creek Golf Club. Zac Edwards captured the men's individual title, leading the Flames to their unprecedented seventh consecutive team championship. Jennifer Klugh then helped the Lady Flames place second as a team by capturing the women's individual title for the second year in a row.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... ewsID=7947
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJ - I wouldn't be so quick to put them behind WB... Track and CC have been way more dominant that WB... That's a fact...
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
The men's track/xc program is FAR more successful than the women's basketball program at Liberty. Just because it isn't a fan favorite doesn't mean that it isn't more successful.
Remember, t&f has supplied LU with 6 NATIONAL champions and numerous top 25 placings at NCAA's. The sweet 16 was cool and all, but it doesn't really even compare.
I was going to say something about Big South dominance, but that is kind of a joke considering I would need an abacus to count up all of the titles.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
yeah the runners are definitely are top program on the mountain, no good argument for WBB.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I counted XC as a separate entity...if you think in terms of track/xc then yeah they are far and away above women's basketball...they have the longest tenured coach at the school, more coach of the year awards then every other sport at Liberty combined, two xc national champions, 6 national champions total (as you noted 01) and the only school to sweep all six running titles in one academic year (twice)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I counted XC as a separate entity...if you think in terms of track/xc then yeah they are far and away above women's basketball...they have the longest tenured coach at the school, more coach of the year awards then every other sport at Liberty combined, two xc national champions, 6 national champions total (as you noted 01) and the only school to sweep all six running titles in one academic year (twice)
Even separate - still no comparison - 3 XC National Champions, not 2. More coach of the year awards combined 10 times over;) (OK maybe 4 times over - but it's big).
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Who are we missing? Josh won one and Sam won two but thats only two individual cross country champions. They won three titles yes, but the way you make it sound, we had another individual champion somewhere down the line
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Who are we missing? Josh won one and Sam won two but thats only two individual cross country champions. They won three titles yes, but the way you make it sound, we had another individual champion somewhere down the line
It's common to separate them out to be 3 champions, even though it's two people. Like if the same Duke Team won two years in a row - that's two championships... At least in my head.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]