Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Welp, here we go again! Sam is slated to run the 5,000m final on Friday at 8:30pm and the 3,000m final on Saturday at 7:55pm (eastern). The whole meet will be streamed on ESPN3.com!

More info: http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 64&TeamID=

Flamefans party tomorrow at 8:25 in this very location. Be there...err here.

Go Sam!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This is Sam's chance. I don't think he has the speed to win the 3,000 tomorrow, but I hope I'm wrong!

His best chance is to simply run away from the field. If the pace lags, he is going to have a hard time winning since his kick isn't as strong as several of the other guys in the race.
By bravo269er
Registration Days Posts
I just hope he doesn't freeze up. Knowing you've been so close the past two years, and that your the favorite this year would be very difficult to overcome mentally. I know he's strong willed, but I just hope he doesn't have that temporary lapse in concentration.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Gripes. That was a crazy race. Props to Korir for running a great tactical race.
By bravo269er
Registration Days Posts
I feel for Sam since this was his last chance to get that title. Runner up 3 years in a row is still a great accomplishment though. I doubt he'll win tomorrow, but atleast he always represents LU well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I watched the race and tweeted along. Sam has a full schedule in College Station and you sensed he didn't want to run an all or nothing race today. If this were his only event, I think he wins it by pushing the pace early. Instead he simply couldn't match the kick. But 2nd in a shorter race (by his standards) is nothing to sneeze at.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sam is just not an elite runner at anything less than 5k, and even that is really a short race for him. Runnng a 3k for him is like a top miler trying to compete at 400 meters. He can do it faster than a lot of very good runners, but there are more than a few guys that just have too much top-end speed for him. From what I have heard, after finishing his outdoor season with LU, he is going to see what he can do at 10k over the next couple of years and then try the marathon, where a lot of people believe he will be world class from the get go.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
He is teetering on the edge of world-class in the 10,000 right now. I don't know all of the details about what kind of mileage he is running right now, but my guess is he is putting in the kind of road work that will prepare him for a shot at the marathon in the next couple of years. Keep in mind that he is already 26 years old. Unfortunately, runners of his caliber are judged by what they do every four years. I really hope he gets US citizenship by next spring so he can use his 10,000 talent in a USA jersey in London. Even if that doesn't happen, it is a good bet that he'll be fighting for a spot on the marathon team for Rio.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]