Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Would love to see Sam in a USA olympic jersey! For now, Go Sam! GO LU!
Someone that knows something about this, could Sam compete in the Olympics? Is he that good?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Congrats SAM!! Back to Back is a huge accomplishment and 3 out of 4 is just as just as amazing.

Let's hope we can continue the theme next year... (You never know)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
When we were on campus for Homecoming, I bumped into Coach Tolsma at the monogram. He told me he didn't know if we could ever have a runner like Sam ever again at LU. I reminded him that we were saying the same thing about Josh McDougal a few years ago. He smiled.

:lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Would love to see Sam in a USA olympic jersey! For now, Go Sam! GO LU!
Someone that knows something about this, could Sam compete in the Olympics? Is he that good?
Yes. He is that good. Galen Rupp, who narrowly beat Sam in the CC finals 2 years ago, competed for the US at 10k in 08 and finished 13th. What I have heard though is that Sam's best event will be the marathon, and he just might be as good as anyone at that distance. There are runners with better speed, but few if any can match his endurance.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Sorry I missed all of the fun today. My little end-around didn't work as planned, so I was only able to get the video. It's actually a good thing that I couldn't post on here. My fingers would have been hurting too much.

The wind played a huge role in the way today's race unfolded. It would have been suicide to go out much faster than Sam did today (it WOULD have been suicide for almost anyone but Sam). I was a little surprised he didn't share the lead more than he did from the 6k-8k. It was pretty clear at that point that it would be down to him and Sambu at the finish. I was kind of worried when they hit the final turn stride for stride, because Sam isn't known for his kick and I didn't know anything about Sambu. My video feed kept cutting in and out at that point and I was about to toss the computer out the window, but it came back on just as Sam started to pull away.

Sam is definitely good enough to be an Olympian. He has only been running for 5 years, so he has a long way to go in terms of his maturity as a runner. I'll bet he sticks with the 10,000 for a few years before moving up to the marathon. Anything can happen at that distance, but the potential is definitely there for something very special.

Liberty has been blessed by having both Josh McDougal and Sam Chelanga. 3 NCAA XC Champions in 4 years by one school has only happened 4 times. Kansas, Oregon, and UTEP are the other 3 (and UTEP had to vacate one of those wins).

By the way, Sam still has a chance to win another 3 national championships this year in track. The only guy that beat him in the 5,000 last year is out of eligibility. We could be looking at a 6 time national champion by the time June rolls around.

Unbelieveable.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Sorry I missed all of the fun today. My little end-around didn't work as planned, so I was only able to get the video. It's actually a good thing that I couldn't post on here. My fingers would have been hurting too much.

The wind played a huge role in the way today's race unfolded. It would have been suicide to go out much faster than Sam did today (it WOULD have been suicide for almost anyone but Sam). I was a little surprised he didn't share the lead more than he did from the 6k-8k. It was pretty clear at that point that it would be down to him and Sambu at the finish. I was kind of worried when they hit the final turn stride for stride, because Sam isn't known for his kick and I didn't know anything about Sambu. My video feed kept cutting in and out at that point and I was about to toss the computer out the window, but it came back on just as Sam started to pull away.

Sam is definitely good enough to be an Olympian. He has only been running for 5 years, so he has a long way to go in terms of his maturity as a runner. I'll bet he sticks with the 10,000 for a few years before moving up to the marathon. Anything can happen at that distance, but the potential is definitely there for something very special.

Liberty has been blessed by having both Josh McDougal and Sam Chelanga. 3 NCAA XC Champions in 4 years by one school has only happened 4 times. Kansas, Oregon, and UTEP are the other 3 (and UTEP had to vacate one of those wins).

By the way, Sam still has a chance to win another 3 national championships this year in track. The only guy that beat him in the 5,000 last year is out of eligibility. We could be looking at a 6 time national champion by the time June rolls around.

Unbelieveable.
Doesn't the Pac 10 need another big time XC team? Guys, this is our ticket to FBS - through the XC & T&F teams!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]