Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
The pastor of my church ran XC on scholarship for Texas A&M back in the day. He now has 2 sons – one in 8th grade and one in 6th. This year they have finished 1st and 2nd every single race they’ve been in and they haven't even been close. They run long distance. Collin Hahn and Randy Hahn for Matoaca Middle School.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
I just did some research. These kids are legit. As long as they aren't being hammered by their coach or dad at this point, they could be on the path to McDougalness. Yes, I went there.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:I just did some research. These kids are legit. As long as they aren't being hammered by their coach or dad at this point, they could be on the path to McDougalness. Yes, I went there.
If I’m talking T&F I’m not joking :nono :D
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Wow! Come on, manson. Work on the kids' dad for us. Invite him to an LU football game.
Don't worry, he's well aware of Liberty and it's track program :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wow, if these are distance kids and they are turning in those types of times at the mile I can just imagine how strong they'll be in cross country.

Paging sometimes poster Josh McDougal!
It will be interesting to see how these kids develop. Their times are solid, but they have a lot of developing to do before they would be considered a blue chip type recruits. Plenty of freshmen run those times and never break 4:16 in high school. Others develop into sub 4:10 guys that any top program would be interested in.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
steve hoffman wrote:It will be interesting to see how these kids develop. Their times are solid, but they have a lot of developing to do before they would be considered a blue chip type recruits. Plenty of freshmen run those times and never break 4:16 in high school. Others develop into sub 4:10 guys that any top program would be interested in.
Interesting how these times have changed very little over the years. VT gobbled up my high school buddy, Barry Monteiro. He was running a 4:09 mile at Bayside HS back in 1974. Ended up at tech on a full scholarship. After college I recruited him to the airline biz and we still work together.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:So the oldest is now in 12th grade and is on an official visit to Virginia Tech right now. Both of his older sisters went to VT.
Personally, I would leave the church if pastor did not send his kids to LU, no excuse. :)
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]