Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This was posted on the high school track & field/cross country site, Milestat.com, which is highly respected and used by virtually all of the high school teams in the state. They post results of every meet in the state and has a huge subscription base (for certain articles and videos/photos of meets).

Anyway, the discussion was about Virginia Tech and George Mason and their basic lack of interest in hosting high school meets on their very nice indoor tracks. The site administrator, Brandon Miles, had this to say about Liberty:
I am impressed by Liberty University's openness and giving plenty of access to their indoor facility as they host and allow several dates for their meet to be rented out. Coaches, athletes, and parents should be grateful to Liberty and should in turn make more athletes think about attending the school than the previously would. I mean I had never stepped foot on Liberty's campus until they opened their indoor facility and held indoor meets there. I have been impressed more by the school every time I visit, especially their facilities and buildings.

Basically hosting more high school meets would expose your college to more potential recruits or just kids that might end up attending the school as part of the regular student body than if you hosted no or few meets. Kids may have never thought, considered, or visited the school if they had not attended a meet there on the campus. Just food for thought for some college coaches who might think they are too big of a deal than their in-state recruiting base.

http://va.milesplit.us/forums/Virginia/topics/66845
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I am surprised that UVa & VT don't host more as well. All the majors down here open up their facilities. Then again Texas has always been a huge T&F state and a key pipeline for LU.
Texas, Texas, Texas.... :blahblah :blahblah :blahblah

Are you from Texas or are you a transplant? :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]