Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
thedailystar.com wrote:Edmonds is sixth at Fed meet
Staff Report

Cooperstown senior Caleb Edmonds earned a measure of revenge Saturday with a sixth-place finish at the Federation Cross Country Championships.

Edmonds completed the 3.1-mile course at Bowdoin Park in Wappingers Falls in 16 minutes, 13.8 seconds, marking the fastest time by a Class D runner. Edmonds finished one second faster than Seton Plattsburgh's Mike Champagne, who won the Class D state championship Nov. 14 at SUNY Plattsburgh.
And here's what makes it interesting to us ...
Edmonds competed in the Federation meet four years after his older brother Josh placed 10th as a Cooperstown senior. Josh Edmonds, who ran a 16:29.1 on the same course in 2005, is redshirting this season as a college senior at Division I Liberty University.

"Caleb shows more promise than Josh did at this point," Ravage said. "I think he's going to be recruited hard and I don't know what he'll decide to do. He is of a caliber that he will be recruited."

Ravage also said Caleb Edmonds will run in the Nike National New York State Championships this Saturday back at Bowdoin Park. The meet is a non-sanctioned event for high school runners.
Click Here for Full Story
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
"Caleb shows more promise than Josh did at this point"
Yeah, that's pretty good. I'm sure we've got the inside track on this one. Chance to run with big brother, as well as be a part of a team that has a really good shot of going to nationals next year.
01LUGrad wrote:I'm sure we've got the inside track on this one.
Good one--that's funny! :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]