Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sammy finishes 3rd at 28:35.40

I really have grown to dislike Rupp over the past few years and I've never even met the guy.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Rupp wins, Sam in 3rd 14 seconds back.

Congrats on a great season, Sam!

Good news: Galen is out of eligibility!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Good news, indeed.

Congrats to Sammy on running a terrific race.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations Sam!!! Great year. It's exciting to think about your running future.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
YAY!! Sam!!!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
That was Rupp's 5th national championship this year (counting one relay win indoors).
Basically, Sam ran into a buzz saw wearing a big O on his shirt this year. No one running for free can keep up with him. Now that I don't have to root against Galen any more, he is one of my favorite runners!

Early prediction: Sam wins NCAA XC in the fall going away.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Just a final point on Rupp here. Last night in the 5,000, Galen lost his shoe, stopped to put it back on, was 2nd to last with 3 laps to go, then proceded to run a 4:00 last mile to win his 6th national championship of the year and complete his perfect senior season. Unreal.
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Just a final point on Rupp here. Last night in the 5,000, Galen lost his shoe, stopped to put it back on, was 2nd to last with 3 laps to go, then proceded to run a 4:00 last mile to win his 6th national championship of the year and complete his perfect senior season. Unreal.
:furious :frustrated :banghead I seriously DO NOT like him.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Just a final point on Rupp here. Last night in the 5,000, Galen lost his shoe, stopped to put it back on, was 2nd to last with 3 laps to go, then proceded to run a 4:00 last mile to win his 6th national championship of the year and complete his perfect senior season. Unreal.
That may be the cockiest thing I've ever seen an athlete do during competition.

And I absolutely love it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]